• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New Arrivals

Started by SlapStik, August 15, 2012, 12:57:37 AM

sandpiper

KevinP

The TKO works very much nice on my 2240 ....   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

crosman probably has big bins of grips and they just grab one of each side without matching the colors someone out there has the other side of your grip
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

so did the Cocobolo grips I ordered from RB grips,
Kevin
Albany, New York

SlapStik

These came from RB Grips so I don't know that he would keep a large inventory on hand. Honestly, it kinda seems like something you would send to get them out of your inventory and hope the buyer just accepts it. I think they really look completely different, I emailed RB so I will wait to see what he has to say.
SlapStik
aka Doug
2300S, 2240, Colt Defender, 3576 n RWS 34P

jdub

Mike at TKO and drill and tap a 6-32 hole in the front of the LDC.  That's the same size as the front sight post that came with your 2300S.  I used a wider screw in mine because the post was too narrow for me.

It's not perfect, and one of the other guys here, BDS, drilled his own hole and press fit a post into it.   Second post in this thread: http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8038.0.html

SlapStik

Quote from: jdub on August 16, 2012, 02:50:29 AM
Mike at TKO and drill and tap a 6-32 hole in the front of the LDC.  That's the same size as the front sight post that came with your 2300S.  I used a wider screw in mine because the post was too narrow for me.

It's not perfect, and one of the other guys here, BDS, drilled his own hole and press fit a post into it.   Second post in this thread: http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8038.0.html

Nice, I just ordered a 6.5" LDC for the 2240 and asked him to set it up with a front sight to go with the stock rear sight. I'm thinking about an Air Stripper for the 2300s, do you have any thoughts on the Air Strippers?
SlapStik
aka Doug

jdub

Quote from: SlapStik on August 16, 2012, 02:54:40 AM
Nice, I just ordered a 6.5" LDC for the 2240 and asked him to set it up with a front sight to go with the stock rear sight. I'm thinking about an Air Stripper for the 2300s, do you have any thoughts on the Air Strippers?
I put a 6.5" LDC on my 2300S.  It's the quietest gun I have now.  Even quieter than my timid little Daisy Avanti 717--the single-stroke pneumatic that shoots about 350 fps.  I can shoot it in the house while everyone is home and it doesn't bother anyone.

I think the only reason to get an air stripper is because you like the way it looks.  I doubt it has any effect on accuracy.  If yours is anything like mine your 2300S should be getting ragged one-hole groups at 10 meters shooting from a rest.  All the nice stuff you hear about Walther barrels is true in my somewhat limited experience.

BTW, I got a MellonAir 12" .22 barrel as part of parts gun I bought not too long ago.  I bought the stuff to get a 1322 tube and another grip frame.  I didn't give any thought to the extra barrel.  I got bored the other day and changed my 2240 from a snubby to a very long pistol.  12" barrel and 7.5" LDC.  I was just out shooting it and after smoothing out the trigger a little more it was stacking pellets at 5 meters.  WAY more accurate than my stock 2240 barrel.  I don't know if they're all like this but for a $20 barrel I am extremely impressed.  In my aging hands it's every bit as accurate as my 2300S now.  Good stuff.  2240 with MellonAir barrel on top, 2300S on bottom:

BTW, I'd email Ralph at RB about those grips.  For the price I think he should match them a little better.  They might be from the same chunk of wood--a piece with a lot of color variation--but even if they are I'd still want a pair that match.  I have 3 sets of his grips now and really like them all--he does nice work but I'd email him just the same. 

SlapStik

Thanks jdub, I was considering the Air Stripper because of the report reduction and it appears to be shorter then the LDC, both look great so either look will do! And yes, the 2300s is extremely accurate, far more then me as a shooter!

RB responded to my email saying that the grips are made from 2" thick blocks that are split to make 2 sides and that Cocobolo is a tricky wood to work with. He also said that he doesn't grow the trees just works with what mother nature gives him. He offered an exchange or refund include $7.95 for S&H.

I'm glad he responded and I understand what he is saying from my past experience with woodworking. I may just put these on the 2240 and get another pair for my 2300S.
SlapStik
aka Doug