• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New Arrivals

Started by SlapStik, August 15, 2012, 12:57:37 AM

SlapStik

Hi Everyone,

I came home to a nice surprise on Monday and then another today and thought I'd share. My 2300S arrived and luckily so did the Cocobolo grips I ordered from RB grips, made my day! Then today, the 2240 showed up a day early so I'm on a lucky streak, time to play the lottery!!

The reviews were right on the money so I'm glad I got the grips right away and have ordered a Crosman breech for the 2240 which just came in to stock today. I am a little set back by the volume of these pistols especially the 2240, my wife will blow a gasket when she hears them and I'm in the basement!  :-*
SlapStik
aka Doug
2300S, 2240, Colt Defender, 3576 n RWS 34P

1377x

congrats
a tko will take care of the noise and make your guns inside friendly
http://tko22.com/
or http://petersoncorner.com/clague/
i hear good things about both
i had a tko but it didnt do the job it was supposed to but many others seem to like them
closed mouths dont get fed

SlapStik

Thanks for the links! The Air Strippers look good but I didn't see any pistols or prices. I have looked at TKO's page but was wondering what you do about the front sight because I want to keep the rear sight on the 2300S.
SlapStik
aka Doug

1377x

http://petersoncorner.com/clague/
go to the contact info page
he answers emails pretty quick

tko we just had a thread here addressing the front post issue
iirc let him know and he will drill and tap it for a post
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8038.msg86476.html#msg86476
closed mouths dont get fed

SlapStik

SlapStik
aka Doug

Serpents Den

nice slapstick...mine i ordered with the rb cocobolo target grips (picture below), which now currently reside on my 2240...

SlapStik

Quote from: Serpents Den on August 15, 2012, 03:05:18 AM
nice slapstick...mine i ordered with the rb cocobolo target grips (picture below), which now currently reside on my 2240...quote]

Very nice! I'm not too sure about the Target Grips I received,,,, one side is much darker then the other, they look like completely different grips!
SlapStik
aka Doug

BigErn

Looking good SlapStik. Congrats on two fine shooters  :-*.

SlapStik

Thanks!

Does anyone who purchased RB Grips have 2 completely different colors from one side to the other? Please take a look at the 1st photo above and notice how different the grips are????? Is this normal?

SlapStik
aka Doug

BDS

Quote from: SlapStik on August 15, 2012, 02:52:44 PM
Thanks!

Does anyone who purchased RB Grips have 2 completely different colors from one side to the other? Please take a look at the 1st photo above and notice how different the grips are????? Is this normal?

If you mean those grips laying in the box, I thought it was more the camera quality so... yes, that's not at all normal RB Grips quality or inspection before shipment. If they are both Cocobolo, then RB used two, very different lots of wood and/or two very different lots of stain!  ???

Put them on a white, non cluttered background and take pics and send the pics to RB, I'm sure he wil make it good for you.
Brian

BigErn

Quote from: SlapStik on August 15, 2012, 02:52:44 PM
Thanks!

I can see that one is MUCH darker than the other. I would ask for a different set.

RC1947

Congrats on a nice looking pistol. RC

SlapStik

Thanks for the replies!

The picture is pretty close to how completely different the color is for each side. I've been into woodworking in the past and I agree this is either a much different lot or 2 types of wood. I'm kinda suprised these were even shipped given one is brown the other almost black. I'll do as suggested and send a photo to RB and see what his feedback is. Thanks again.

PS, I love the feel of these Target grips, really does make a world of difference!
SlapStik
aka Doug

Fronzdan

Contact Mike at TKO and he will get you out of trouble with the wife.  But keep in mind an LDC is going to increase overall length by several inches.  It changes the handling of the gun a bit.  And I do think the stock muzzle brake "looks" better.

SlapStik

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 15, 2012, 05:08:44 PM
Contact Mike at TKO and he will get you out of trouble with the wife.  But keep in mind an LDC is going to increase overall length by several inches.  It changes the handling of the gun a bit.  And I do think the stock muzzle brake "looks" better.

Thanks, I'm seriously considering it!
SlapStik
aka Doug