• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

dissapointed

Started by CHRIS K, August 20, 2012, 03:24:22 PM

CHRIS K

i guess being a newbie, things all are not what they seem. just got my crosman steel breech for my 2240, installed it
on gone, not realizing set screw dimple on barrel from barrel band does not line up anymore. now i'm forced to put
barrel band farther forward than i wanted too in order to hide the mark. wish i wouldve known that from the start, maybe i wouldve
also bought a new barrel. live and learn right. :(

chongman

Yea, I had the same thing happen. Really don't like anything that mars the finish on metal.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

sandpiper

Quote from: CHRIS K on August 20, 2012, 03:24:22 PM
i guess being a newbie, things all are not what they seem. just got my crosman steel breech for my 2240, installed it
on gone, not realizing set screw dimple on barrel from barrel band does not line up anymore. now i'm forced to put
barrel band farther forward than i wanted too in order to hide the mark. wish i wouldve known that from the start, maybe i wouldve
also bought a new barrel. live and learn right. :(

Just think of the inconvenience you saved others from. Can't put a price on that  :)

plasticclassic

maybe you could put two barrel bands on there? that looks pretty slick sometimes

BDS

JB Weld in dimple, sand/buff barrel, coat of primer, sand, coat of black enamel?
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on August 20, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
JB Weld in dimple, sand/buff barrel, coat of primer, sand, coat of black enamel?
thats what i did to my barrel
closed mouths dont get fed

BigErn

Sand and polish the barrel. That's what I did to mine.

Crosshairs

I have a few guns with the same problem it's not a big deal to me, you get use to it and it's really not so bad. As long as it shoots better and holds the scope in place thats the real reason i installed it not just for looks.
                                         Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

cmj21973

Maybe post a pic so I (we) know what it looks like.

The 24" Crosman .22cal barrel (CP#2600-003), on my "Nightmare" rifle has a barrel band set dimple.
I just lightly sanded to remove burrs and touched it up with a Presto Blue pen.

Cross Pistol Packer

I put up with the dimple on my 1389 19inch barrel,just dont notice it anymore.
When I squeeze the trigger & another tree rat bites the dust,it dont bother him none either :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

JEBert

I'm having trouble picturing this.  Same barrel, same tube, barrel seated to tube with transfer port, so please 'splain it to my dumb a$$, why is the barrel or band in a different place?  I can't get my brain around it.  Probably due to jet lag or lack of coffee or something.
I need to know these things because I will probably have the same problem someday.
Thanks,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

Quote from: JEBert on August 22, 2012, 12:49:42 AM
I'm having trouble picturing this.  Same barrel, same tube, barrel seated to tube with transfer port, so please 'splain it to my dumb a$$, why is the barrel or band in a different place?  I can't get my brain around it.  Probably due to jet lag or lack of coffee or something.
I need to know these things because I will probably have the same problem someday.
Thanks,
now that you point it out.hmmmm
did the barrel change to a longer one?
closed mouths dont get fed