• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New PC77

Started by PC77, August 27, 2012, 04:36:22 AM

PC77

I bought a PC77 a few weeks ago. I bought it to shoot in my garage in between trips to the range (Shooting my cap and ball revolver with wax bullets was way to smokey) and for something to tinker with this winter. Right away i bought a crosmen stock and scope mounts for it. I tried a NcStar 4x32 pistol scope but the scope was to much for the Crosmen mounts. So i ended up using a little Daisy red dot i had the dot it is a little blurry inside but is fine outside. I have a BSA 30mm red dot but i need a dovetail to weaver adapter to use it. I bought a lighter trigger spring and a heaver bolt spring at the hardware store The hammer spring was too heavy so i did not use it but the trigger spring was fine. I noticed a lot of you use 22 cases for spring guides so while i was at the range i picked up some 22, 22mag and 17HMR cases. The 22mag cases were a little big but the 17HMR cases were the right size so i cut one down for a guide and trigger stop. While i had the gun apart i polished and greased the trigger contact points. I made a 1/2 inch trigger shoe out of PVC pipe. The trigger is much better now. I also hot glued fiber optic tube to the front sight.  I am having a lot of fun playing with my new toy.
pc77

PC77

breakfastchef

Very nicely done first build. I guess you don't need much informaiton from us.
Larry

PC77

Thank you, I am going to need plenty of help when i re do the pump change the barrel.
pc77

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

0351_Vet

Welcome and Well Played, nice build.
Welcome to CAPOF.  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JEBert

QuoteI have a BSA 30mm red dot but i need a dovetail to weaver adapter to use it.
PC,
Are you sure you can't turn the BSA mounts over and use them on your Crosman mounts?  A lot of the BSA red dots have reversible mounts that fit either rimfire, 3/8" rails or Weaver/Picatinny rails.
See my picture.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

PC77

JEBert

I have not tried those so I cannot comment.
Good luck, and...
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

Quote from: PC77 on August 27, 2012, 06:22:25 AM
No mine are not reversible i wish they were. Do you know if these adapters are any good http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Dovetail-To-Picatinny-Profile-Adaptor-Black/dp/B007BNHFLQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1346041209&sr=8-7&keywords=dovetail+to+weaver
pc77
crosshairs and a couple of others just got these adapters here
http://www.rlairgunsupply.com/specialty-mounts/dovetail-to-picatinny-low-profile-rail-adaptor/
they can be found on amazon an pyramydair also
they dont raise the height of the red dot much ,which is nice
closed mouths dont get fed

ScotTex

Good start.
and I agree, having lots a fun target shooting here.
I just put the steel breech and longer barrel on mine this month, had to go out and buy a 7\16" bit to bore out the plastic barrel band, but everything else went well. I reeeally need to get a shoulder stock... these things get heavy. :)

crossliner

Quote from: ScotTex on August 27, 2012, 09:48:52 AM
Good start.
and I agree, having lots a fun target shooting here.
I just put the steel breech and longer barrel on mine this month, had to go out and buy a 7\16" bit to bore out the plastic barrel band, but everything else went well. I reeeally need to get a shoulder stock... these things get heavy. :)

The shoulder stock really helps a lot in mitigating the pistol's overall balance. It has also dramatically magnified my accuracy everytime I use my carbine I am in awe and disbelief. I have yet to miss a ( roof rats ) shot  :-*