• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Three screw frame

Started by Sir William, August 28, 2012, 02:08:07 PM

Sir William

Received a three-screw frame from Ebay yesterday.  As much as I dislike plastic, I must say that this is an improvement.  The plastic side cover is thick, stiff, well made and fits nicely.  Additionally, the frame itself is an improvement regarding the mold seams; while not completely gone, they are very much cleaner than the old frames.  I will be using this frame on my 1740.  LIKE

Crosshairs

One bad thing about the plastic is when you tighten all the screws it is made so cheap it bends and puts pressure on the trigger and makes it harder to pull so be careful not to tighten it to much.
                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KevinP

Received a three-screw frame from Ebay yesterday  ;D

Ha ... So did I ....  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

i like them also.dont have part of it sticking out like old 2 screw frames.i have seen a few that have been modded into three screw frames
closed mouths dont get fed

cmj21973

When I refinished my 3-screw frame, I ground down the screw bosses so the plate would be flush with the frame.
The plastic washers I made for the sear and trigger, to remove side-to-side play, had to be removed because fitting the plate to frame removed the play in the sear and trigger and were no longer needed.

droid

I have several of each type of frame and must admit I prefer the three screw frame. Obviously not able to polish it but I'm crap at polishing anyway.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Jetstream

Quote from: droid on August 29, 2012, 09:31:03 AM
I have several of each type of frame and must admit I prefer the three screw frame. Obviously not able to polish it but I'm crap at polishing anyway.

Gary

Hello mate, I'm Alpha on the other site! 2240 or parts?  :-* .

Caritas In Veritate

droid

Just PMd you with details on other forum.
Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Noah

Just a thought: Is the three-screw actually better than the two-screw? Again, just a thought.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

1377x

imo yes it is!
the only down fall is the side plate cant be polished.i wonder if aluminum tape would blend the cover into the polished frame ???
closed mouths dont get fed

OddMolly

Does someone know wether there is a difference besides the plastic three screw trigger cover?? I got some very nice walnut grips from eBay last week, but the fit is crap. The gripboltholes doesn't line up very well and the frame is going not near to line up with the grips if I can even cut them to fit the frame at all. I have the new three screw frame and wonder if I should try to find an old one for my next project....

droid

Quote from: OddMolly on September 24, 2012, 12:31:19 AM
Does someone know wether there is a difference besides the plastic three screw trigger cover?? I got some very nice walnut grips from eBay last week, but the fit is crap. The gripboltholes doesn't line up very well and the frame is going not near to line up with the grips if I can even cut them to fit the frame at all. I have the new three screw frame and wonder if I should try to find an old one for my next project....

Yes I have found some grips to fit one frame and not the other.

Craftsmen like Rick @ Airgrips, certainly with the ones I have from him, fit all my frames perfectly though.

Gary
www.ratbuster.co.uk