• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet weight

Started by MyCrosman, September 04, 2012, 02:06:56 PM

MyCrosman

I recently purchased the Canadian version of the 1377 which shoots at 495 fps.I target practice indoors at 20 feet and I was wondering if the heavier Crosman Magnum 10.5 grain pellets would be suitable in this gun or should I stick with lighter pellets.

cmj21973

$64K question!

The only way to find the right pellet for your gun is to shoot several different brands; weights; and shapes for your given target and distance.
Depending on whether you have the standard Crosman barrel or the LW Match barrel will also have a factor in determining which pellet to use.

breakfastchef

I like wadcutters for target shooting. They are purpose built for this task. Pellets weighing in the 7.0g-8.2g in .177 remain my favorites. Heavier pellets will have lower velocities, but may also be very accurate. As cmj21973 stated, you need to test fire pellets to find the ones that perform best for you.
Larry

BDS

+1 to Chef's comment, and the Crosman Premier Lights (Round Nose) in the brown box seem to work excellent in most Crosman guns and barrels. They are more more spendy than their tin can cousins from Walmart but, they are worth it (about $25 for 1200 rounds in a box)

Stay with a lighter pellet  :-*
Brian

jSan22

heavy pellet weight coupled with the turned down version of the 1377 means that the velocity will be low. it could be so low that it might get stuck in the barrel! i doubt it could happen to your 1377 though.
i would reccomend power mods, but then you would need to get that license for the gun, if it goes how i think it does.
stick with a 7.9 g.