• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What size hex wrench used in the MC barrel band? Barrel set screw?

Started by markasaurus, September 08, 2012, 07:30:34 PM

markasaurus

I have a Chavka barrel band and I can't find the right hex wrench to use in the tiny hex screw that holds the pump arm pivot pin.  The only thing I know is it isn't 0.050 like the breech screw the hole is bigger - does anybody know what size wrench?

Also there is a threaded hole in the barrel band that appears to be for a screw to hold into the barrel.  Is there supposed to be a screw in the hole?  What size?  If anybody knows I'd be grateful.

chongman

Quote from: markasaurus on September 08, 2012, 07:30:34 PM
I have a Chavka barrel band and I can't find the right hex wrench to use in the tiny hex screw that holds the pump arm pivot pin.  The only thing I know is it isn't 0.050 like the breech screw the hole is bigger - does anybody know what size wrench?

1/16"

Also there is a threaded hole in the barrel band that appears to be for a screw to hold into the barrel.  Is there supposed to be a screw in the hole?  What size?  If anybody knows I'd be grateful.

There should be a set screw in there, size 6-32, same as the barrel one ,1/16" hex wrench for it.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PC77

I am just going to threw this out there when i am working with small allen  wrench's i like to buy new ones as they can wear out pretty fast and strip screws. I buy mine at Ace Hardware in with the nuts and bolts they cost under 50 cents each. It does not hurt to have extra i like some for the tool box and some for the shooting bag.
pc

chongman

Quote from: PC77 on September 09, 2012, 06:32:38 PM
I am just going to threw this out there when i am working with small allen  wrench's i like to buy new ones as they can wear out pretty fast and strip screws. I buy mine at Ace Hardware in with the nuts and bolts they cost under 50 cents each. It does not hurt to have extra i like some for the tool box and some for the shooting bag.
pc

A worn tool is the worst thing you should use on hex fasteners.  I prefer to use a good brand of hex wrench, Bondhus or Wiha and do not like the ball end type. They wear very quickly.

JEBert

The ball end is just for running the threads up quickly, not for torque.  Loosen and tighten with the short end.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

PC77

seams like you can never have enough alan  wrenche's.  ;D
pc

chongman