• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Marauder pistol/carbine ... What does it like to eat?

Started by styks, September 08, 2012, 11:23:05 PM

styks

I couldn't resist and have bought one  ;) ... Should be here soon so I want to get some pellets to test. I will tune to just below 12fpe .. 11.5'ish unless I decide to put it on ticket.
I know each gun can be different and testing is the only way but I'd like to try and cut time and expense by finding out
from you guys what generally works best.
From searches I see folks are saying mainly CM domes, JSB heavies, Barracuda Match (Kodiaks over the pond I think) and a few others.
I have a soft spot for Barracudas, my first pcp on ticket loved them and good Gaia they were effective, not a lot got up after those hit them!
Would be nice if it likes them.

If Barracudas, or any other pellet for that matter, what head size?

I know, I know another "what's the best pellet" thread  :-[ ..... but hey it is of help to cut down fruitless lead consumption.

1377x

the best pellet to use is up to the gun
try the barracudas
if you try some jsb's make sure you look at the head size.i have never seen so many sizes for the same pellet
strattons are my favorite jsb
closed mouths dont get fed

styks

Yeah it sure does add to the confusion, I'll have a look at those strattons, don't think I've seen those before.
My AA EV2 likes AA field 4.52 .... My AA Prosport likes AA field 4.51 .... these barrels are as fickle as some folks!  :)

I remember when FT was in it's infancy and nearly everyone, was shooting .177 Eley wasps out of HW77's here in ol blimey ..... "I got a bigger head size!" ... the answer here at that time would have been something like, "well get a bigger hat!"  ;D