• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New 2240

Started by PC77, September 09, 2012, 05:51:50 AM

PC77

I am starting to think air guns are a sickness i bought a PC77 for some thing to play with this winter. In the last few weeks i bought a 2240, 1077 and a 760 for a friend. FedEx just delivered the 760 and the 2240 today. I really like the 2240 right out of the box. What a difference between .177 and 22cal  it has got me thinking i need a 1322.
pc

1377x

congrats on the new rigs!
welcome to the disease called crosmanitis :D
the only fix is more crosman airguns ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

And the mods help also ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Your off to a good start with some good shooters.
                                                                  Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

A strong beginning for sure. RC

PC77

I have a question what are your favorite pellets for the 2240. Keep in mind my gun is stock and i don't hunt with it just target shooting. I have been shooting Crosman  Destroyers and wad cutters in my PC77 and thought they shot well. So when i bought my 2240 i bought some Destroyers and some Daisy wad cutters and pointed pellets. I bought the Daisy pellets just because they were cheap i was surprised that the wad cutters shot pretty good. After doing some reading on the internet i found that my beloved destroyers are not to well thought of. So what would be concerted  a real good pellet for a stock 2240.
pc

Crosshairs

That's a hard question to answer you can have two 2240s and each can like a different pellet. You really need to test each and every gun for the pellet it likes. But the RWS pellets seem to work in most any of my guns.
     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

targettgii

How did the destroyers shot out of your pistol that's what matters.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

the daisy flat heads worked great in my gun also.liked them even though they are soft and dirty
never had a problem with cphp jsb strattons are my favorite but a little heavy for a stck 2240. rws super pointed worked good out to 20 yards
straight shooters has  sample packs you might be interested in
http://www.straightshooters.com/straight-shooters-full-pellet-sampler-.22.html
http://www.straightshooters.com/straight-shooters-small-sampler-.22-medium.html
closed mouths dont get fed

PC77

Thanks for the heads up on the sample packs that's a nice  to get pellets to try out.
pc

onebaddj

Congrats on the new shooters. These crosman guns are silly fun to work on and parts are cheap. And if that wanst enough the accuracy and power you can wring out of them makes these guns super addictave. Its horrible!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

droid

Quote from: onebaddj on September 10, 2012, 03:12:40 PM
Congrats on the new shooters. These crosman guns are silly fun to work on and parts are cheap. And if that wanst enough the accuracy and power you can wring out of them makes these guns super addictave. Its horrible!

Yes the parts are cheap if you stop at a couple of additions  ;)  I bet you don't !

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

targettgii

Is that a week Droid LOL :D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

farrlarr

Quote from: 1377x on September 09, 2012, 06:10:22 AM
congrats on the new rigs!
welcome to the disease called crosmanitis :D
the only fix is more crosman airguns ;)

And that fix is only temporary!!  You will need more, more, MORE!!
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."