OLDER 1377 C clip removal

Started by mudduck48, September 09, 2012, 11:28:56 PM

mudduck48

Hi; mudduck48 here. Could someone please tell me how to remove the C clip on the front pivot pin on the older 1377?  I need to get inside and rebuild this and I just can't see how to remove the C clip without scratching the pump tube. Remove the clip, knock out the pin and I'm in. HELP! Thank you for your time.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

0351_Vet

Tiny screwdriver? Is it clipped on both sides?
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

breakfastchef

Flat screwdriver blade wide enough to make contact with the two ends of the clip. Gently push the clip off.
Larry

1377x

you can try a small flat head screwdriver
push the open end of the clip with your thumb put a corner of the small screwdriver between the groove and the clip and gently pry away from the groove
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Hi; mudduck48 here. I got it off, yea!!!!! With what 1377x said and the pm I received from Crosshairs, I got the clip off. Here is what I did so other newbies like me can do it also. First, of course, make sure the gun is unloaded and no pressure on it. then put electrical tape right up to the pin under the clip on the bottom and one side of the pin. Then I rotated the clip split towards the bottom of the tube. Then take a small screwdriver and pry one side of the clip up. Then grab it with small needle nose pliers and roll it off.  YEA!!!  I want to thank everyone that helped me with this. I have been wanting to fix this gun for years. I bought it new in 4-1980 at monkey wards.

BDS

Holy-smokes Montgomery Ward!? That's a blast from the past :D

Where at?

Wards were on a roll to beat Sears at their own game up until the early 80's then, bye-bye and gone by 1990-ish?
Brian

mudduck48

Hi BDS; mudduck48 here. Where at?  Ventura, Ca. USA. I used the heck out of this gun. Smoothed up the trigger and put the 1399 stock on had a lot of fun with it. Now you pump it about 4 times and hear the air coming out the barrel. I'm going to fix it, then I will have my 1377 and my new 1322 to use.

BDS

Quote from: mudduck48 on September 12, 2012, 06:47:28 PM
Hi BDS; mudduck48 here. Where at?  Ventura, Ca. USA. I used the heck out of this gun. Smoothed up the trigger and put the 1399 stock on had a lot of fun with it. Now you pump it about 4 times and hear the air coming out the barrel. I'm going to fix it, then I will have my 1377 and my new 1322 to use.

OK, lived in Santa Barbara for a few years back then, your Monky Wards must have been out on Mills Rd. ?
Brian

mudduck48

Yes it was. Mills and Main st. But, they tore it down and put a Lowe's in its place.  And on the front of the lot there is a bank, subway, chapoti grill, starbucks and I think a verizon. And on the north end of Lowe's they are now building a credit union.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on September 12, 2012, 07:50:19 PM
Yes it was. Mills and Main st. But, they tore it down and put a Lowe's in its place.  And on the front of the lot there is a bank, subway, chapoti grill, starbucks and I think a verizon. And on the north end of Lowe's they are now building a credit union.
i hadnt been to my home town in 16 years.went back there and a lot changed almost didnt recognize the place.its funny how far behind the times they are still. a big hill i used to slide down as a kid was leveled and a lowes went up in its place.before i left the only home improvement store around was a family owned lumber yard.now another decade later they are where the city was 20 years ago :o

targettgii

That's a blast from the past used to have 3 around me.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

well, I got the barrel off and the upper receiver off, then it became happy hour.  now i need a new barrel and some more beer. working on it. Thank you all for your help on this project. mudduck48

1377x

good luck with completing your project
you say you need a new barrel.im assuming this gun has the rear cocking knob,right?
if so you will need the phase 3 plastic breech/bolt and barrel or source a new old stock phase 2 barrel.i believe i can still get the nos phase 2 barrel

targettgii

Beer did I hear someone say beer :D :D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

yes, 1377x I have a phaz 2 gun. The rear cocking one.  My barrel is shot out. The rifling is all but gone and it is pitted. If you know where I can get a new or use barrel, I would appreciate it.  Thank  you for your time.