• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

mod concerns?

Started by bigmap923, September 10, 2012, 06:16:40 PM

bigmap923

hey everybody, another question from a newby! anybody know what kind of concerns if any i should have about upgrading my hammer spring to a benjamin discovery spring and my valve spring to a 1377 trigger spring in my 1322? ill be using a ft valve and ft delrin piston from mellon air. i just dont want mess anything up, but want the best small game dropping power i can draw from my gun. any and all knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!!!! thanks everybody!

1377x

the only thing is you will need to pull the hammer off the valve stem to pump. either cock it or pull the hammer back and give it a pump or two
since its best to store your 13xx with two pumps in it anyway,there shouldnt be a problem
closed mouths dont get fed

bigmap923

thank you very much! its awsome to have people with such knowledge to go to!! i appreciate your help. another question if i may, i think i read some thing about adding other attachment points to certain parts of the gun to take some of the stress off certain things. do you know anything about that.

1377x

i dont understand your question
can you be more specific?

bigmap923

i believe i read that by increasing hammer spring strength and changing valve spring could possibly damage certain parts. and some folks were pinning or adding other screws to in certain places stop this from happening.i may be wrong remember im a newby :-[

1377x

if you use an extremely heavy hammer spring and a light valve ,yes damage can occur.a .045 diameter hammer spring will damage your valve and possibly break your bolt handle
a disco hammer spring isnt much heavier than the 1377 hammer spring
if you use a disco hammer spring and stock valve spring the performance would be about the same as using a disco hammer spring and lighter valve spring.with the disco hs and stock valve spring you wouldnt have to cock the gun first

bigmap923

what are your thoughts on a benjamin discovery hammer spring and stock 1377 trigger spring for the valve? is that a good combination?

1377x

its the combination i use
been using it for a very long time with no ill effects on my parts
just have to pull the hammer back to pump it

bigmap923

ooohhhh!!!! now i get it dico spring is discovery spring!! man i got alot to learn! thanks again for all your help.you really know your stuff!!!!!!!

JEBert

Bigmap 923,
Pinning the valve means to add some setscrews trough the tube and into a thick part of the valve (so as to NOT penetrate the valve, which would create a leak) to insure that the valve stays in place when going to HPA pressures.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

bigmap923

any body know of a link that shows how pinning the valve is done, and where to put the set screws?

1377x

Quote from: JEBert on September 11, 2012, 07:10:51 AM
Bigmap 923,
Pinning the valve means to add some setscrews trough the tube and into a thick part of the valve (so as to NOT penetrate the valve, which would create a leak) to insure that the valve stays in place when going to HPA pressures.
Cheers,
http://www.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/BioVlvSec.htm

imo pinning the valve on a 1377 isn't necessary as long as you have your piston adjusted correctly. as long as its adjusted properly it cant push the valve back.when over adjusted the mounting holes stretch,the piston gets pushed back damaging the valve.the nub that holds the valve in place will dig into the valve.that causes it to move back.then to get it back into position you will need to pin the valve then
another thing is to pump slowly
when you do so the pivot pin doesnt stress the tube causing your piston adjustment go out of position
when you pump like you are Bucky Larson the pivot pin hole stretches out now you have to re-adjust the piston
pumping slowly also creates less heat saving your piston seal from premature failure and helps the gun keep consistent numbers.pumping fast causes heat when it cools down the pressure in the valve drops so does your velocity causing inconsistent numbers

onebaddj

Awesome info! I was just searching for the valve pinning info myself for my 2400 project i have coming.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

bigmap923

thanx everybody for the help, and direction! this forum is awsome :-*