• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

scope and sound mod,boy she's getting heavy

Started by sparkycrew, September 17, 2012, 08:39:39 PM

sparkycrew

hy guys,been a while,iam formally crossyshooter 72 but now iam sparkycrew,changed my email address,
so my pistol a 2300t with a 6" sound mod and an smk 2-20 scope and well she's a bit heafty,i had a red dot on her before the scope and all was ok apart from at ten metres(uk spelling)the dot covered a 2" diametre circle,so on with the scope and its fab but the extra weight is killing my grouping,on a rest the accuracy is amazing but thats cheating a pistol should used off hand not supported,so whats the secret

breakfastchef

Nice shooter. I agree that heavy and long pistols are hard to shoot so when I plan to mod a pistol, I keep those things in mind. I am not yet sold on a scope for a pistol, but you might want to google taco hold. That is a two hand position that can greatly increase you accuracy with a scoped pistol.
Larry

RC1947

Nice looking shooter.  The large brake isn't helping to steady the pistol.  A heavy pistol with a balance point around the trigger can be shot accurately, but if it's muzzle heavy, it takes effort to keep it level, creating tension.  Good luck, RC

0351_Vet

Pretty shooter, but I can see why it's getting heavy.  :-* :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chongman

Fine looking pistol! With the scope eye relief and the brake it just doesn't look like you have a proper balance point to me.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

sparkycrew

Thanks guys,yeah youre right with the balance point and large mod on the front,i hate the mod but it is a neighbour requirement unfortunatley,its my first scope so i cant comment on quality other than its exactly what i expected,its nice to follow a shot through the scope and duplex hairs dont intrude like the dot sight did,shot 200 rounds through it over the past two days and iam getting better,did the polish job on the tigger/sear also and that helps loads,next is doctering the trigger spring as even though its set to the lowest 1 lb setting,picking up the pistol by the trigger doesnt discharge the (empty of cause) pistol,i really like the gun now and iam just getting used to the new weight/balance,
thanks BTW for not saying MAN UP YOU LIMEY WIMP

sparkycrew

Quote from: chongman on September 17, 2012, 10:31:26 PM
Fine looking pistol! With the scope eye relief and the brake it just doesn't look like you have a proper balance point to me.

been a novice have i bought the right sort of scope,its a pistol scope with long eye relief 12" or more and also iam 6 5" tall with long arms which i know is an issue,could i move the scope back further without losing accuracy to bring the balance point more rearward

BDS

sparky... My 2300KT is laid out nearly exact as yours including wooden grips and yes, it's a LOT of pistol with the LDC shshhy-thing on the end of the barrel.

I'm practicing at 10 meters, two-handed, sitting, and groups are starting to improve. Once I get that position to an acceptable level, I'll be trying trying two-handed standing position.

I don't think any further scope movement will change anything noticeable in weight distribution. I have the BSA Edge pistol scope on mine and it's nearly the same as yours. Eye relief is nearly at arms length or further so, I'd not be moving it rearward, that's for sure.
Brian

DKT88

bodger

looks sweet as it is sparky,a shroud may help to bring the weight rearwards while fullfilling the noise requirements.and moving the scope backwards cant hurt if the eye reliefs o.k and loading not a hassle.does the push on muzzle brake you have only go on that far or could you push it further onto the barrel ?

sparkycrew

Quote from: BDS on September 17, 2012, 11:23:52 PM
sparky... My 2300KT is laid out nearly exact as yours including wooden grips and yes, it's a LOT of pistol with the LDC shshhy-thing on the end of the barrel.

I'm practicing at 10 meters, two-handed, sitting, and groups are starting to improve. Once I get that position to an acceptable level, I'll be trying trying two-handed standing position.

I don't think any further scope movement will change anything noticeable in weight distribution. I have the BSA Edge pistol scope on mine and it's nearly the same as yours. Eye relief is nearly at arms length or further so, I'd not be moving it rearward, that's for sure.

hey there buddy i looked at a bsa edge and a ags scope side by side with the smk,i picked the smk becouse it was the easyest to get on target without black shadows in the scope,only down side is the colour  yeah silver,funny thing is its also available in black i have since found out,my grouping is getting better, after using a red dot sight its nice to see the target with 2 x mag and crosshairs,i also think my trigger spring requires a tweak as i pull aim on releasing the trigger,i dont regret buying the scope i just need to adapt to it,iam at ten metres and getting groups down to 2" with the odd flier ,standing with a two handed grip

sparkycrew

Quote from: bodger on September 18, 2012, 12:37:28 AM
looks sweet as it is sparky,a shroud may help to bring the weight rearwards while fullfilling the noise requirements.and moving the scope backwards cant hurt if the eye reliefs o.k and loading not a hassle.does the push on muzzle brake you have only go on that far or could you push it further onto the barrel ?

tell me more on these shroud devices i have seen them but i thought they were decrotive and not functional,the mod i have is a slip-on and seated fully back,without it the pistol looks and feels sweat but i need a shussy thing period

bodger

sent you a mail,must be a limey thing i gave up and put a shoulder stock on  :-*

Crosshairs

Nice looking shooter sparky.
                           Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Serpents Den

I can definitely relate, my cs 2300KT has a 14" barrel, with a 5" brass brake on the end, hellgrips98 wood and a r/g dot scope on it... very muzzle heavy and I always shoot w/ it two-handed for stability...