• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The "Colorado Gun"

Started by Sir William, September 18, 2012, 11:45:48 AM

Sir William

The "Colorado Gun" is a 2300S Improved.

Improved includes the following:

RB Sportsman grips.  I have some RB Target grips but the Sportsman grips fill the hand a bit better (and I have large hands).

The trigger, sear and hammer have been polished.

A trigger shoe has been added.

The frame and barrel band have had the mold flash polished out and has been powder coated.

Screws have been replaced with socket head screws.

Recently shot three five shot groups at ten meters with the pistol clamped in my Work-Mate.  The groups measured .327, .298 and .340 measured center to center.

1377x

nice shooter! looking good 8)
nice shooting! with the gun clamped in a vise thats the best way to see what your gun can really do!!
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

DKT88

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Nice job. :-* I see you have the old frame.
                            Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

breakfastchef

Great looking pistol. The Williams sights are fantastic. What pellets are you shooting in the Colorado? I think your groups could be a wee bit smaller.
Larry

Sir William

Yes, old frame – like the new frame better as it is a much cleaner molding job.  I have a three screw frame and soon now  I will clean it up and have it powder coated also.

Using RWS Diabolo basic.
I think the groups could be smaller. 
One, the workmate might not be the best shooting vise. 
Two, I once worked up a Remington 700 benchrest rifle that would a bit better than this a a hundred yards. 
Three, my best one-handed group at 8 yards is about 2.25 inches.  So until I get a whole lot better I am not going to chase my tail for smaller bench groups.

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

0351_Vet

That's a Looker. Nice groups too.  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fronzdan

That's nice!

Are you looking to unload the RB Target Grips?  I've found the Sportsmans are a tad too big at the base for my hand and prefer the Target style.  I may be looking for grips for a new build.

I like the name of your 2300...I really should name my guns too!

BigErn

Very very nice pistol. I love those Williams rear sights. I gotta get one of those!

Serpents Den

I like the williams notch sights too. I recieved one with my cs 2300kt and it'll be installed on my 1377 custom when I recieve the rest of the parts I need first (mainly needing the breech)

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T