• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Muzzle brake comparison

Started by Tater, September 24, 2012, 12:57:02 AM

Tater

I saw this part number listed in a post here:  "Muzzle Brake  (part # 1700-023) and it was $13.92."

Didn't want to hijack that thread, but I'm curious as to how it compares to a $30+ TKO.
The price is much nicer, but is the amount of shhhhh added worth the $?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

jdub

Quote from: Tater on September 24, 2012, 12:57:02 AM
I saw this part number listed in a post here:  "Muzzle Brake  (part # 1700-023) and it was $13.92."

Didn't want to hijack that thread, but I'm curious as to how it compares to a $30+ TKO.
The price is much nicer, but is the amount of shhhhh added worth the $?
Zero shhhh added with the Crosman part.   

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BerkshireHunter

If it's the one you can get in the custom shop, then it's mainly for looks and crown protection.

markasaurus

How does the TKO shroud add any noise reduction?  For that don't you need baffles?

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: markasaurus on September 24, 2012, 01:46:30 AM
How does the TKO shroud add any noise reduction?  For that don't you need baffles?
It's kind of a grey area states-side. He describes it more as changing the sound signature to a higher pitch, and he has internal spirals drilled into the delrin. On my long barreled 1322 sniper with a disco hammer spring, the spring is by far the loudest part shooting.

JEBert

Tater,
The part in question is in the pic below.  I think I got the part # from a Crosman 1700 evp and wanted to put it on my gun for looks, a place to mount a sight pin, and a little steadying weight.  It does absolutely nothing for the noise factor.  Crosman's taller sight pin (#2300-028)  mounted on this break is just tall enough to use with the Industry Brand rear sight sold by Archer Airguns if you hang the rear part off of the back of the breech and use a 6-O'clock hold at 5M.  At longer distances you don't have to have the rear sight so low.  It works a little better with the Williams WGRS-54 peep sight as far as elevation goes.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Tater

Thank you guys. much appreciated.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

I have 1 exactly like yours Mr. Jebert..It is attached to my LW barreled 2400KT but I am going to replace it w/ a brass muzzleguard..It should look like the 1 (stainless) on my 24" barreled 2400KT but shorter and w/ a black allen bolt in lieu of a stainless one. I had this one made for about $5 labor and mats  :)

JEBert

That looks pretty slick Mr Crossliner.  I have a similar polished brake only longer.  I haven't decided what to use for a sight pin yet as I don't have it on a gun yet either.  I got mine from Gary (gdm620) and it is very pretty!
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossliner