• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

anyone receiving .177 barrels from Crosman lately?

Started by sbcrockett, September 24, 2012, 03:57:06 AM

sbcrockett

I know there was a shortage of barrels from Crosman a little while ago, but has anyone been getting any from them lately? I've been waiting for an order with TKO for a barrel and brake combo since early August and last word is that Crosman hasn't been shipping any .177 barrels.

I know, for example, Mellonair has a 4 week ship estimate (at least) and I figure it's partly due to backlog but also to parts availability from Crosman. But, what the heck is the hold up with that manufacturer?  ???

Just getting frustrated because my gun has been gathering too much dust without being able to shoot in the backyard. Not to mention that the nice weather days in Seattle are drawing to a close...

1377x

i can check with my local.
but as far as i know barrels are being shipped
you can contact crosman directly and find out
i would be on tko's heels september is almost to an end
call tko see what hold is
closed mouths dont get fed

AZAG

The hold up might not be the barrel but materials needed for the brake.  Just speculating of course.

sbcrockett

Quote from: AZAG on September 25, 2012, 07:05:01 AM
The hold up might not be the barrel but materials needed for the brake.  Just speculating of course.

talked to TKO and the brake is ready, but he's not receiving the barrel from Crosman (as of last week).

I called and talked to him a couple weeks ago and that was the situation. he's trying to source a barrel from others, but not sure who that would be. next week it will be going on two months since initial order. not sure why Crosman would be so slow in shipping .177 barrels...

to be fair, TKO did offer to refund my money. but, I think there will be value in going with this setup vs. another barrel/brake combo or shroud option. not to mention, others will be more $$$ and i'll be starting the wait time clock all over.

on a brighter note, I shot the 1377 for the first time in a while yesterday out the back window and popped an apple on the ground at 20 yds!  :-*

1377x

Quote from: sbcrockett on September 25, 2012, 07:30:47 PM
talked to TKO and the brake is ready, but he's not receiving the barrel from Crosman (as of last week).

I called and talked to him a couple weeks ago and that was the situation. he's trying to source a barrel from others, but not sure who that would be. next week it will be going on two months since initial order. not sure why Crosman would be so slow in shipping .177 barrels...

to be fair, TKO did offer to refund my money. but, I think there will be value in going with this setup vs. another barrel/brake combo or shroud option. not to mention, others will be more $$$ and i'll be starting the wait time clock all over.

on a brighter note, I shot the 1377 for the first time in a while yesterday out the back window and popped an apple on the ground at 20 yds!  :-*
thats funny my local crosman repair station just got a bunch of barrels from crosman at the beginning of the month
if he needs a .177 barrel he can call him.i just got a .177 barrel cut and crowned last week

sbcrockett

thanks, Ed. yeah, I even considered buying a barrel from Crosman and shipping it to him! I've been trying to give Mike the benefit of the doubt, but something doesn't seem right.

maybe he's just not doing enough barrels to justify the shipping costs from Crosman. if that's the case, then he shouldn't advertise that service.

for now, I think I'll just hold on another week. maybe you could PM me who is cutting your barrels and I can get in touch with him next week. I can ask Mike to just ship the brake and refund the money for the barrel and get it from someone else. what do you think?

1377x

Quote from: sbcrockett on September 25, 2012, 10:48:06 PM
thanks, Ed. yeah, I even considered buying a barrel from Crosman and shipping it to him! I've been trying to give Mike the benefit of the doubt, but something doesn't seem right.

maybe he's just not doing enough barrels to justify the shipping costs from Crosman. if that's the case, then he shouldn't advertise that service.

for now, I think I'll just hold on another week. maybe you could PM me who is cutting your barrels and I can get in touch with him next week. I can ask Mike to just ship the brake and refund the money for the barrel and get it from someone else. what do you think?
what $4 flat rate shipping its hard to justify not buying a single barrel if you ask me.
what you to do is up to you.personally i would get a full refund and contact storey or clague.i wont buy another tko as long as there are other makers.my only gripe is it wasnt effective enough at my power level.it just seems weird that he would hold up an order like that.then again all i got was a muzzle brake.which arrived a few days after i placed the order.
i'll pm you the info to the place i get my parts

sbcrockett

thanks Ed. i'll take some measurements and email Neil Clague and Anthony Storey about LDCs and probably get a barrel from someone else.

that carbon fiber on the TKO did look cool though... :(

1377x

Quote from: sbcrockett on September 26, 2012, 04:06:34 AM
thanks Ed. i'll take some measurements and email Neil Clague and Anthony Storey about LDCs and probably get a barrel from someone else.

that carbon fiber on the TKO did look cool though... :(
why settle for a carbon fiber look sticker,when you can have the real deal.neil clague makes his out of real carbon fiber see chongmans thread.look at this euro carbon fiber ldc that looked like tko's carbon fiber wrap but its real heres a pic

sbcrockett

oooo! that does look nice.

i'll email Mike tonight and ask for the refund.

thanks for the PM, Ed!

1377x

its a very effective euro design.if you heard of paris d this one knocks his :-X in the dirt.2" smaller in length and smaller in diameter just as effective without all the extra weight
way more than enough for you application and costs more than a clague ldc and a paris d ldc

cohiba

I received a 24 inch barrel from them and a steal breech this week. I ordered them maybe 2 weeks ago, week and a half for sure. If my notes are correct i wanted a 1760-001 barrel they said was replced with a SE001 barrel. I dont know the difference and neither did the gal taking the order. It arrived and all is well.

Good luck

sbcrockett

thanks for the feedback cohiba.

I just received my refund from TKO, and am going to call Neil Clague about one of his air strippers.

I'm still left scratching my head as to what the real reason Mike didn't want to send me a barrel, as it's clear it couldn't be delays from Crosman...

1377x

Quote from: sbcrockett on September 26, 2012, 07:24:22 PM
thanks for the feedback cohiba.

I just received my refund from TKO, and am going to call Neil Clague about one of his air strippers.

I'm still left scratching my head as to what the real reason Mike didn't want to send me a barrel, as it's clear it couldn't be delays from Crosman...
i could understand if you was outside the US .cant call this one ???