• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet traps

Started by Crosshairs, September 24, 2012, 11:37:13 AM

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on September 24, 2012, 07:58:15 PM
Very nice.  I need to make one that I can leave outside.  The one out there now is getting weatherbeaten.  Part of the problem is that I used free carpet samples which hold the moisture.  I've got a stash of duct seal.  RC
If your leaving them outdoors put a few coats of poly on them.
                                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

After about 1200 pellets I decided to dig out some lead out of the duct seal. I was happy nothing made it through the duct seal, but just in case I used construction adhesive to glue some electrical box covers over the back of it.
Here are the pics before I added the duct seal back in:

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

PC77

Tater, You backed up your pellet trap good. I only used one electrical box cover in the middle i glued mine in with some duct seal.
pc

Tater

Quote from: PC77 on September 25, 2012, 12:26:10 AM
Tater, You backed up your pellet trap good. I only used one electrical box cover in the middle i glued mine in with some duct seal.
pc

But my wife shoots with me too occasionally.   :D ;D

She does, but her aim is very good. I usually shoot at target sheets with 12-20 dots in each so I'm shooting at all areas of the trap.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

Good job on them traps guys.

PC77

Quote from: Tater on September 25, 2012, 01:55:00 AM
But my wife shoots with me too occasionally.   :D ;D

Ah good thinking.  ;D ;D :-*
pc

Crosshairs

Tater my wife will shoot with me also funny thing she said when i finished the boxes, is one of them for me.
                                         Mike  8)

pirouge

very cool traps, at the "patio range" I keep it simple, a plastic milk crate, thin steel backing  (discarded street sign) with carpet tye wrapped together for a cheap, quite, portable trap. I use  cardboard on the open front to tack paper targets too. I put a rod with 3 swinging golf balls in it for when I get bored. something else I use is a small (3 1/2" dia.) cast iron skillet (ash tray) for standing pistol shots, you can find them on e-bay for around $5-10,  or Bass Pro Shops has them for $7.  nothing sounds better than cast iron being struck by a lead pellet, there's no mistaking a hit,  and you can hang it anywhere by the handle. perfect for the crosman .357,   just don't use steel BB's on the skillet.