• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

AK Parts On A 1377?

Started by PC77, September 24, 2012, 06:48:50 PM

PC77

I was going threw my gun stuff yesterday i found  a AK 47 folder and a Romey G forearm/grip i had forgotten about leftover from when i was building AK47s. AK forearms are about the right size or at least very doable  to use for 1377 pump arms might need a little glass bedding. Does anyone know if there is a good way to mount a AK folder to a 1377?
pc

Fronzdan

I'd think you'd need someone to machine you an adaptor that fits in the tube that provides the correct mount for it.  It would be similar to the Tippmann adapters that some people make, one being Charlie Mellon.

1377x

contact squallywally
he is using an ak47 butt-stock on his gun if any would know it would be him
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

+1 to Ed's comment and, I would also ask him how that heavy wood stock has worked with the somewhat fragile connection to the gun. Not a lot of "meat" there in that tube and the AK wood and steel folding stocks are heavy!
Brian

Squallywally

Hey pc, just ran across this post. I am using a Mellon adapter with a tippmann paintball ak47 buttstock.
The mount for the stock is metal and has an upper brace which makes the stock very sturdy. I haven't had any problems thus far.here is a thread with some photos of the ak buttstock .

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,7622.0.html

I have not had a wire type folder in hands before but I be its adaptable to fit the cylindrical bracket for the tippmann mount.  Unfortunately the tippmann AK stuff is starting to become scarce.  Rap4 paintball has some very nice 1:1 Ak stuff that might be adaptable.

Could you post a photo of the end piece of the folding stock?

Squallywally

There is a guy that is selling the stock that I have on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-K-TYPE-WOOD-STOCK-FITS-TIPPMANN-98-ALPHA-BT-/390467909551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae9b377af

In his photo you can see the part that fits into the mellon adapter. The metal piece is flat and is held on by two screws into the wood butt stock.  If that wire stock is mostly flat on the mount end I bet it can be fitted to the end piece of the tippmann mount.

The trouble would be finding a mount without buying the wood stock this guy is offering.
It's the only thing I can find at the moment.

1377x

can you post pics of the mounting end?
there are a few machinists here they might be able to help.many details are needed though.
can you weigh it?

Squallywally

I am afraid that actual Romanian ak folding stocks won't be adaptable now that I have researched a little.
However I will take detailed photos,measurements and weights in the morning and post it here. The tippmann
mounts do work very well with Mellon adapters.

PC77

I was looking at the AK stock on ebay i think they are using a AK47 rear trunnion fitted to the adaptor a fixed stock and side folder use the same trunnion a side folder should bolt to your adaptor. I found one online but they want to much for it 29.00 i think i can find one for 15. http://shop.blackmarketarms.com/Romanian-AK-47-rear-trunnion-for-fixed-stock-or-side-folder-AK-108.htm It might be cheaper to the stock on ebay.
pc

BDS

Man... thos chi-com factories can beat steel into submission!  :D

Thats what would politely be called "utilitarian" looking.
Brian

PC77

Its from Romania but i am sure the Chinese stuff doesn't  look any better. I was looking around for trunnion last i only found one site selling side folders 169.00 :D. Man has AK stuff gone up in price. Seven years  ago i could build a AK from a kit for 225.00.
pc

1377x

Quote from: PC77 on September 25, 2012, 05:13:30 PM
Its from Romania but i am sure the Chinese stuff doesn't  look any better. I was looking around for trunnion last i only found one site selling side folders 169.00 :D. Man has AK stuff gone up in price. Seven years  ago i could build a AK from a kit for 225.00.
pc
just wait in the next few years they are going to quadruple in price cant say why but what out and save those parts.one lgs just bought $20 worth of extended capacity magazine he said pay$20 sell for $200 in a few years