• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New 1322 harder to pump than 1377

Started by niclaw, September 28, 2012, 07:36:24 PM

niclaw

Hey group,
Just got a new 1322 and find it harder to pump than my 1377.  Maybe i just don't remember the effort when the 1377 was new, I've had it for a couple years, but it is very smooth.
Are the valves different in the 1322's compared to the 1377?  I think I hear a spring noise at least on the first pump.  Any BTDT.
Thanks,    Nick
niclaw

Crosshairs

It's the same valve, piston, and tube shouldn't be any harder to pump. Could just be its been a wile for you. I have no issues with mine.
      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sbcrockett

i've got the spring noise usually only on the first pump too. I don't think there's anything to be alarmed about.

although, my buddy has a 1322 and I have the 1377. I've pumped both and don't remember there being much difference. have you tried to put some pellgunoil in it?

BDS

"Spring noise" is common, it's the valve sealing on compression.

+1 to Mike and others, a new, plastic valve pumper can be a lil stiff, time for Pellgunoil.
Brian

mudduck48

I was wondering what that was when I started to pump my 1322. The spring noise. Now I know. Thank you for the info.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

is it spring noise? or that squeeking noise that comes from the check valve ???
closed mouths dont get fed

sbcrockett

Quote from: 1377x on September 29, 2012, 03:17:43 AM
is it spring noise? or that squeeking noise that comes from the check valve ???

ahhh. that actually makes more sense.

niclaw

niclaw

sandpiper

I'm glad you posted this cause Shawn "Govmod" and I were just talking about it the other day. I mentioned my 1377 was harder to pump than my 1322. Govmod got his out and his 77 was harder than his 22. Just the opposite of yours but just as interesting. Not hard like it's binding but harder like it's compressing more. Wish I had a chrony to compare the two. Sounds like a project for a chrony owner  ;)