• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

LPA arrived - Pity about the fit !

Started by droid, October 12, 2012, 09:27:19 AM

chongman

It seems to me that to much blame for poor fit has been laid upon the LPA mim sight itself. There are a few threads on the forum covering the subject and they all start out pretty much the same until someone starts thinking about the breech itself. Maybe I've just been lucky. I have 4 Crosman steel breeches, 3 long and 1 short. I have 3 mim sights that, with my tools all measure within. .002" in regards to the dovetail. Every one of them has a nice fit, no matter which breech I install the sight on.

Rant Complete  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

jdub

Quote from: chongman on October 15, 2012, 01:29:18 AM
Rant Complete  ;)
That was a rant?

C'mon, you didn't even sound worked up.  ;)

chongman

Quote from: jdub on October 15, 2012, 04:09:57 AM
That was a rant?

C'mon, you didn't even sound worked up.  ;)

I was being nice  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

fivestar45

On Peening the breech dovetail. Lay the breech down on a flat full length wood block and hit the top rear edge of the dovetail down in maybe three, or four spots with a small hammer with a wedge face, or you can also use a small, dulled off, cold chisel. This will collapse a little of the dovetail and make the fit tighter. If you go a little too tight you just use a three sided needle file for a couple of strokes to bring it to where it fits best.

droid

On mine anyway the LPA was massively too small on all but one of my breeches, which is quite a snug fit.

Not really an issue though now because I can't seem to get anymore MIMs anyway  ;)

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk