• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 760s on sale

Started by T191032, October 15, 2012, 08:20:17 PM

T191032

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

mudduck48

Crosshairs! Where is Mike? Look another variation of the 760.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

;D  Mudduck that PINK would look good on you ! :D  LOL

T191032

"Mudduck that PINK would look good on you !"

Let me give you my observations on the whole "Pink" gun fad.  My first thought was, "gimmick"; my second thought was "cute for the younger girls" (and some women who like them as well, I might add . . .) but as I've gone along looking at all the different color schemes that folks Duracoat/Cerecoat, etc their firearms, the less I really gave thought to it.  I know I tend to prefer mine "plain" and functional, not "bling" like Mike (Crosshairs).
Then, enters that "logical" thought process side of me that looks for practical, worthwhile uses for things that don't "fit" sometimes, or use it for something that it wasn't meant for. 

Or, perhaps, for specific application purposes.  And that was where the clearance priced Pink 760s made sense to me.  We have a BB-gun specific set of Competitions here on CAPOF.  Next month, we will have one that allows the use of iron sights OR Red Dot optics.  So, I thought about it a bit, Pink gun, loaded only with BBs, means I know which gun would always be 'loaded' as I don't keep BBs in my other 760s, and the one I used to shoot this month was my oldest model, which I can single-load.

I remember Tom Gaylord/BB Pellitier & Edith talking about the one airgun they kept for pest control, a Sheridan .20 pneumatic, with a red tie on the trigger guard to signify it was the "go to" gun.  My logical thought followed that line, Pink Stock = the BB-only fed shooters.

Plus, buying two will give me a chance to try my hand with the Red Dot optic, again, and I don't have to try and re-zero it after install/removal, just leave on one of them. (Ok, given the price, it was a good excuse to buy two, I admit, afterall one of the newer furnitured ones is about $32.97 at Wal-Mart, and about the same from Pyramyd Air.

Even though I do enjoy shooting the pistols more, this was just something I decided not to pass up on.

One last note about the Pink color -
To quote, "Bryce Towsley proves he is secure enough in his manhood to use a lavender rifle." page 133, "Gunsmithing Made Easy," Bryce M. Towsley.  (It is one of his zooted-up competition AR-15s, if you've not seen the book, and he has quite a grin on his face when the picture was taken. LOL)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

mudduck48

I saw what Crosshairs did with a new style 760 in the competition and he nailed it. I took my sons phaze 2 760 and was doing good on the first target. Then it spit one off in the left 40. The new one seams to be more accurate. I'm not going to buy any more guns, I have enough. I'm going to buy parts, for now, to fix what I have. Then I might buy some more. That is a tempting buy though.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.