• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Brass Barrel Band

Started by earlp8, October 24, 2012, 10:07:24 PM

earlp8

So I order and recieved a brass barrel band for my 1377 from a reptuable company here in Canada when it came it looks so nice ,great polishing job lol. That was the only good thing about it though the fit and maching are terriabl it over hangs the barrel crown by almost 1/4" the barrel is sloppy in the hole, the hidden set screw to lock the barrel is just a dud hole with a set screw in it the hole stops 1/4' in from the bottom of the band,the pivot holes are drilled 3/16" to far back, the forsight isn't even straight up on center.I posted a review of the product on the companies web site ,emailed them and called with no replies yet. I'm a wee bit pissed off as this piece of scrap metal cost 65 bucks .Maybe I should of put that money towards a milling machine to go with my lathe and made my own >:(    Earl

1377x

when you think about how much its going to cost to buy everything you want machining tools seems like a good route to go if you have the time
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Are you using the stock 1377 barrel? Was the barrel band intended to be used with the stock barrel or designed for a longer barrel? That could easily explain the loose fit and overhang. The holes for the set screws, though, should have been properly drilled.
Larry

chongman

Oh man, I know it feels like burning money! I hope you get proper customer service. If not, be sure to let use know who they are  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

earlp8

It is designed for a stock10.1 barrel,I'm in email discussion with the seller still.

markasaurus

I would return it, period!  If they can't make a decent product at that premium price, you have every right to get your money back!  And GUI with the Chavka barrel band instead.  It is $53 shipped and made perfectly there is no reason you have to tolerate a junk product when an alternative is  available.