What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

AS13

Got bored Sunday and made a brass safety for my 2400KT. Used a brass screw, electric drill, files and my trusty Dremel tool. Surprisingly it works great. A bit longer than the OEM plastic one. Cuts the grooves for the safety ball a bit deeper. The plastic safety had a problem going on safe if you just barely touched it. With the deeper grooves it locks in to place without accidentally going into safe.

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

willc

That is some nice looking work.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

chongman

Fine work on the safety sir  :-*

I just did some work...well it was a workout by my standards. I have returned from a walk to and from the post office with 7 packages in my backpack  :D

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BDS

Great workout Michael, good for you  :-*
Brian

earlp8

come on chongman ......I have to know what goodies were in the packages  :D

quickster47 †

For using simple hand tools you did a very good job on your brass safety.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

gdm620

I have a 2300kt With LW barrel on order from Crosman.  I made a few brass goodies for it this last weekend.  I made them all except the tri-wing cap which is from Ray (Mr.007).  Its been almost 2 week now since I ordered it from Crosman.  So far I haven't  heard anything yet.  I will let you all know when I recieve it and do a write up on it.

Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

chongman

Quote from: earlp8 on April 10, 2013, 12:24:10 AM
come on chongman ......I have to know what goodies were in the packages  :D

;D I'm sure guys will speak up when they get their goodies.

gdm620-  can you tell me how you went about making the bolt handle...what parts of it to cut first? I've been trying to do that for awhile without much luck.

Gippeto

Pretty spanky looking stuff Gary. 8)

You should do a little how to on polishing...you're kinda good at it IMO. :-*

Al

gdm620

Quote from: chongman on April 10, 2013, 02:03:27 AM
;D I'm sure guys will speak up when they get their goodies.

gdm620-  can you tell me how you went about making the bolt handle...what parts of it to cut first? I've been trying to do that for awhile without much luck.
First I turn down the shaft of the handle.  Then I tread the end.  I have the threaded end on a live center.  Not much room for one but it needs to be there for enough support.  Then I turn so my cutter is at a slight angle and slowly move the carrage into the brass to cut a angle in like the back of a pellet.  Then I hog out some in the middle between the head and skirt and then set my compound at a angle and use that to get the taper for the outside of the skirt.  I just guess on the angle.  then I set my cutter at a angle and kiss the back of the head to get that angle.  Then I mooth up that much of it and then cut it off and then mount the stem in the jaw and face off the front of the head.  I use a file a lot to get things the way I want it.  It is easy in brass.  Stainless it would be harder to do.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: Gippeto on April 10, 2013, 02:29:16 AM
Pretty spanky looking stuff Gary. 8)

You should do a little how to on polishing...you're kinda good at it IMO. :-*

Al

Thanks Al but airgun100 and Crosshairs are the master polishers.  All I can say about it is sand sand and sand some more.  Then when you think you got it sand some more.  Work down from 400 grit to 1500 grit in stages.  Then go to the buffing wheel and buff it till it looks good.  That how I do it.  Not 100% perfect but good enough for me because I will use these parts and don't spend a lot of time getting them perfect so they can get scratched up from use.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

breakfastchef

Terrific projects fellas. Love the brass bling, Gary. AS, that is a fine safety made the same way I do it - with crude stone tools and a bunch of finger crossing.
Larry

chongman

Thanks for explaining how you do it Gary.  I'll give it a try next chance.  :-*

BerkshireHunter