• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

quickster47 †

^^^ I like that approach.  Good job.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Great hammer, ped. Show us the final product after you finish your testing.
Larry

ped

cheers chaps i'm not sure where i'm going with this i got a spur of the moment idea as i found a piece of 3/4" stainless bar in the yard when i cleared an area of brush and rubble
without any accurate scales (i just used the kitchen ones) i reckon the solid hammer is about 8grams heavier i'm thinking of using it for a bullpup with a qb78 trigger unit but i'm still at the thinking stage
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

1377x

Quote from: ped on March 05, 2013, 01:10:56 AM
cheers chaps i'm not sure where i'm going with this i got a spur of the moment idea as i found a piece of 3/4" stainless bar in the yard when i cleared an area of brush and rubble
without any accurate scales (i just used the kitchen ones) i reckon the solid hammer is about 8grams heavier i'm thinking of using it for a bullpup with a qb78 trigger unit but i'm still at the thinking stage
ped
you might as well make a rear cocker too ;) ;D

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

JEBert

Quotemight have to put a couple of flats on the side to reduce its weight or bore the back out and fit a piece of ptfe
I like the idea of flats on the sides.  It will let plenty of air past the striker instead of forcing it out the hole in the bottom of the tube.
Great job!
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Quote from: JEBert on March 05, 2013, 03:14:50 AM
I like the idea of flats on the sides.  It will let plenty of air past the striker instead of forcing it out the hole in the bottom of the tube.
Great job!
+1 Good call mr Bert  :-* and great work on the striker ped  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

outofthefire

Does a heavier hammer mean you need a stronger spring to get it moving?

1377x

Quote from: JEBert on March 05, 2013, 03:14:50 AM
Great job!
2x to that
the faster the air pushed out the harder the hammer will hit

ped

i've modded the hammer a bit more i've made it so it can be a rear cocker as well
didn't get chance to mill any flats on the side  and i'm thinking of making the cocking pin out of m4 instead of m3
i'm thinking of making a hammer out of either ally or ptfe/delrin then using the rear cocker idea and try to get the weight to a standard hammer weight or lighter as shot count will be reduced and i cant take the power to the max due to our limit
the hammer weighs in at just over 100g but by changing the brass end can be increased or decreased
i'm wondering if changing the length of the rod and fitting a buffer between the end cap and the rear weight/cocker would act as a limited hdd
ped

1377x

Quote from: outofthefire on March 06, 2013, 10:44:51 PM
Does a heavier hammer mean you need a stronger spring to get it moving?
i am using a 94 gram hammer myself,a .041 music wire hammer spring moves it just pretty good

quickster47 †

It would be interesting to get some chrony numbers with the hammer in this configuration and then mill some flats on it and run the tests again.

I suspect that if the hammer is not a really tight fit the flats on each will probably not make much difference.  But it would be an interesting test.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ped

i'll try and do some tests at weekend i'll have to rob a couple of bits back of my gauntlet build though
i'll try and get a comparison on standard hammer ,solid hammer ,solid hammer with the rear cocker and again with flats on the hammer will also try with a heavy hammer spring
when i made the hammer i made it 18.8mm instead of 18.7mm but its still a fairly slack fit
ped