• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

So once I add a stock to a 2240...

Started by matty, October 28, 2012, 06:34:32 PM

matty

...is it still considered a pistol?

Do you still shoot at 5 meters with the stock or is 10 better?

1377x

no!
now its a carbine until the barrel gets to a rifle length which is usually over 18"
closed mouths dont get fed

matty

I thought so...now I'm definitely going to need one of each. lol

Tater

Quote from: matty on October 28, 2012, 06:39:56 PM
I thought so...now I'm definitely going to need one of each. lol

That's the spirit!  :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

matty

So what is the range I should be shooting the carbine?  10m?

1377x

Quote from: matty on October 28, 2012, 06:52:52 PM
So what is the range I should be shooting the carbine?  10m?
as far as you can accurately shoot it
i have taken 75-88 yard shots with mine it had a 14.5 inch barrel.with a pistol barrel,10 inches and a stock 45 yards
shoot within your abilities

matty

Thanks 1377x - I just didn't know if there were any kind of standards there were when shooting with a carbine, like no less than 10 meters, etc.

1377x

i guess if there rules to competition then there could be a standard but for plinking your shootimg abilities would be the only standard.
a carbine is a rifle. pretty much consider any gun with a stock a rifle regardless of barrel length

ped

unless your in the uk once a pistol always a pistol even if fitted with a stock and a 24" barrel
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

1377x

Quote from: ped on October 29, 2012, 10:32:09 PM
unless your in the uk once a pistol always a pistol even if fitted with a stock and a 24" barrel
ped
thats just stupid
as soon as a pistol is stocked here unless its an air gun its a rifle and you better have the proper paperwork to do so
here in the USA it becomes a short barreled rifle and highly restricted.you see back in prohibition days a famous gangster used stocked full-auto colt 1911's as his primary weapon,those guys made it hard on us folks to get that type of stuff these days legally.you can still get them just about anywhere without paperwork but its not worth the years you can end up spending next to BUBBA.im trying to think of his name,my great grandmother used her horses to pull his car of a rut it was stuck in.i think his name was John Dillinger.there was so many famous gangsters from the midwest its hard to keep track of all their names

Jungle

Fronzdan

Quote from: 1377x on October 29, 2012, 11:59:59 PM
thats just stupid
as soon as a pistol is stocked here unless its an air gun its a rifle and you better have the proper paperwork to do so
here in the USA it becomes a short barreled rifle and highly restricted.you see back in prohibition days a famous gangster used stocked full-auto colt 1911's as his primary weapon,those guys made it hard on us folks to get that type of stuff these days legally.you can still get them just about anywhere without paperwork but its not worth the years you can end up spending next to BUBBA.im trying to think of his name,my great grandmother used her horses to pull his car of a rut it was stuck in.i think his name was John Dillinger.there was so many famous gangsters from the midwest its hard to keep track of all their names

Yeah that's one of the dumbest laws...and there are some very dumb laws related to firearms.

1377x

all gun laws are stupid because they only affect the law abiding.
sorry if i over-stepped the boundries with this statement but its true.if  criminals cared about laws there would be no criminals

ped

Quote from: 1377x on October 30, 2012, 12:41:48 AM
all gun laws are stupid because they only affect the law abiding.
sorry if i over-stepped the boundries with this statement but its true.if  criminals cared about laws there would be no criminals
totally agree but in uk it's not going to change (unless it's more restrictive)so it's a case of making the best of it
i imagine that the're countries that have more restrictive laws than we have
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300