• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Thinking on this thing ... is it possible ?

Started by josey88, November 04, 2012, 08:07:25 PM

josey88

Guys, I have been caught on this airsoft thing bad . I got a 1377 black and waiting for some small upgrades .
Now ... I also am going to order one of those 2400KT  Carbines from Crosman ... Anyway , I have been thinking ... the P-Rod frame/trigger  assembly from the Marauder pistols I believe it fits perfectly on the 2200 series ... is it possible not just ordering the parts from Crosman , but since I am doing it thru Custom service , to have them installing it as well ?  The idea just ocurred to me . It would save me the install . Well, let me know .
I understand that the part number is 2220-103 for the whole thing ... there is a slight problem with the hammer, that they can probably solve ? It is an idea and before I make the call I would like to know if it can be done . I am a sucker for second stage triggers , so that is why ...Thanks

mr007s

I have not heard of that being done. But, I would ask, all they can say is no.

chongman

Wow, outstanding question! If you do call and ask please let me know what they say :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

this is the thing
when ordering parts from crosman they are supposed to be replacements for damaged items.they are not in the business of selling parts to be used on other guns even though thats what we do.
like the others say all they can say is no.
closed mouths dont get fed!!! ;)
Quotethere is a slight problem with the hammer, that they can probably solve ?
its easily solved!
order the marauder pistol hammer/striker assembly
the hammer has to be notched to miss the breech screw
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

Quote from: 1377x on November 04, 2012, 10:05:51 PM
this is the thing
when ordering parts from crosman they are supposed to be replacements for damaged items.they are not in the business of selling parts to be used on other guns even though thats what we do.
like the others say all they can say is no.
closed mouths dont get fed!!! ;)its easily solved!
order the marauder pistol hammer/striker assembly
the hammer has to be notched to miss the breech screw

My thoughts were that , if I am ordering a gun from the Custom Shop and they would built it the way I want it , perhaps they can built it with the P-rod frame/assembly since this is what I want . I know it is a very long shot and  that is why I am asking . Maybe someone have made the same request already ...
Anyway , I just ordered the 2400KT gun ... 18" barrel , .22 cal , regular shoulder stock , Black brake and Silver trigger shoe .  Tomorrow Monday will call to order some other parts  including that P-rod frame assembly  and will ask .
The hammer problem ... I think that for me and my limited tools the best is to fill the hammer with J&B Weld steel and then sand it because I have no idea as to  how to notch the Marauder hammer .
This thing with that second stage trigger is going to be nice to shoot .
Am thinking on adding a Power adjuster to experiment with it .

1377x

jbweld works too :-*
to get the cusom shop to do it the hammer would need to be sorted so they can test it before shipping.im assuming they test the guns after assembly
the hammer waist hitting the sear on the marauder pistol trigger group can break it.i dont see crosman taking that chance.just being realistic here,dont know how crosman operates
to notch the marauder pistol hammer people are using dremels with gringing drums.there is a nice tutorial on another forum.filling the waist in with jbweld would be easier imo
good luck due report your findings to us

josey88

Yeap... now that I have reflexioned on it , I agree ... Crosman is not going to  take a risk on the hammer built without a lot of experimentation, etc ,  so  never mind . I now know that the frame/assembly of the Marauder fits correctly on the 2400KT ... just the hiccup with the hammer and I am going for the JB Weld solution .  I would not be  employing the stick weld , but the regular Epoxy steel kind . It is more difficult to work but the difference in strengh is huge... 3960 psi against 900 psi ... what I will do is to mix the thing and let it alone for an 1/2 hour or so before actually applying it , then it will have the consistency of the Stick and can be manipulated just like the Stick .

chongman

Ya, you can do all kinds of things with the JB Weld, thin it with lacquer thinner for casting, mix lacquer paint in it to colorize....endless possibilities  8)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

woody67

They wouldnt make any exceptions for me....i wanted to buy a 2400kt with either pistol grips or no grip
/stock at all, but they said they couldnt make any exceptions. Also they wouodnt answer any questions about parts fitting on and working with other gun models than what they sell them for.

Fronzdan

Not to be a pessimist, but I'd be willing to bet that Crosman will not deviate from their standard Custom Shop options..not even to install a different part that they sell standalone. They won't even tell you which part goes with what. Its not like a true gunsmith is building CS orders. They just have an assembly line that allows for options. They would not open themselves up to litigation doing something that's non-standard and presumably untested.

The putty version of jb weld is perfectly fine too. While it doesn't have the strength of the goopy version, it's not needed. The only purpose it serves is to prevent the sear from getting caught in the slot as the hammer slides by. There is no pressure or impact on it.

1377x

there is some slight pressure
i saw a jbweld job that a rut wore into.most likely improper mixture of jbweld.i used the jb quickweld it has a lower tensile strength than the standard i mixed it as close as i possibly could to equal amounts of a and b it was just as good as the standard jbweld
but if you want to use the strongest jbweld the industro version i know that can take repeated impacts without a hitch.
dont forget to add the super glue at the end i think that gives the hammer a smooth part to ride on,but then again you might be able to polish the jbweld and make it smooth