• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2250xe to pcp conversion

Started by cohiba, November 07, 2012, 12:52:46 AM

tinker

You don't need to buy a Disco breech.  The Crosman steel breech will mount as will most any after market one.  Just make sure to note where the little breech screw is. 
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

JEBert

QuoteYou don't need to buy a Disco breech
I know I don't have to, I want to know if I CAN and if so, is it cheaper than the steel kit we usually see ordered on this forum.
I need at least one more steel breech and am looking for the cheapest route.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

tinker

The Disco breech alone is $29.70.  None of the hardware is included.  So the kit is going to be cheaper.  The Disco also uses a decorative sleeve that goes over the barrel and into the breech so you would need the sleeve maintain appearances.  Again an aluminum breech from AnthonyR, (fivestar45 here on the forum) like the one 1377X is using is $56 + 3% if you use paypal direct from him.  Comes with am extended bolt etc.

Glen
(Tinker)

JEBert

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Noah

Quote from: tinker on November 14, 2012, 06:47:46 AM
The Disco breech alone is $29.70.  None of the hardware is included.  So the kit is going to be cheaper.  The Disco also uses a decorative sleeve that goes over the barrel and into the breech so you would need the sleeve maintain appearances.  Again an aluminum breech from AnthonyR, (fivestar45 here on the forum) like the one 1377X is using is $56 + 3% if you use paypal direct from him.  Comes with am extended bolt etc.

Glen

Smart chap, our Tinker  :-* ;) ;D
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

??? Learned most things on this forum.  My trouble is I always live up to my name "Tinker".
Good luck on your build Jbert.
Glen
(Tinker)

1377x

Quote from: tinker on November 14, 2012, 06:47:46 AM

Glen
yes sir!
the Anthony R breech is the best bet out there
like tinker says it comes with everything needed to get up and running from a new philips head 4-48 screw 2 set screw barrel mounting w/set screws , shortened rear breech screw,breech end cap, custom bolt handle and the extended probe bolt has a hold open magnet
everything not one thing left out ;) :-*
closed mouths dont get fed

cohiba

Ok so to give you an update........

I ordered all the disco air tube parts from crosman, for 2 guns.

I have also ordered the BNM breech and shroud for the 18 inch barrel. Shroud being 22 inch, should put me about 2 inches longer then the air tube, and will have 10 baffles inside. hoping for the ultimate in stealth!!!!Keep in mind that i have a 6.5 in TKO brake on it now and the new setup will only be about and inch longer then it currently is, i like the length and balance thus far. I have used 1/8 inch felt to "shim" the wood stock, and it doesn't pivot at all, and cant see from the outside that i did anything to it.

All parts were in stock except for the tube itself. Crosman says they have 28, but a kind gal informed me that its not accurate and she knows cause she is waiting on one herself. This is as of 3 days ago.

BNM set up mailed today, even with the wait on the tube, once the BNM setup is installed i can sit back and multi shoot this baby with co2, using the MRod magazine.

Hope everything goes as planned and makes the ultimate P Rob competitor.

I have current prices and replacement part numbers im willing post soon as i am not sick anymore and make it back to the office.

Thanks for your help guys! I promise pictures will be coming. I also have 4 13xx almost done that i will post pictures of as well. None could have been done without this forum!

Salud

1377x

that tube has been out of stock for awhile
there has been speculation that the disco was being discontinued whch would be a bad move on crosmans part but who knows its internet rumor
i just got my disco tube a couple weeks ago same with my maurader barrel
i received both of them when they was out of stock
closed mouths dont get fed

cohiba

Very interesting, your experience sounds more positive. I hang on that one, and keep my fingers crossed