• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

the different between the .177 cal steel breech and .22 cal steel breech?

Started by jSan22, November 07, 2012, 07:23:20 PM

jSan22

ive been looking at these steel breeches for some time now. i was wondering, what is the difference between them? i know one is supposed to fit the .22 cal and the other .177 cal. but i see no other difference and no reason why one couldnt work on the other.

chongman

They are the same. When you buy the breech kits from Crosman one has a .177 bolt, the other a .22 cal. bolt.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

jSan22

makes sense. its a good thing that both are made for the same breech.

1377x

if you are thinking of getting a steel breech
i would recommend getting the Anthony R aluminum breech
it comes with eveything needed to mount the breech and use it
2 set screws for the barrel,phillips head 4-48 breech screw-no more wimpy hex head breech screw,shortened rear s/s breech screw,breech cap,choice between 8 styles of bolt handles,extended probe bolt with hold open magnet .177 or .22
he has limited stock but if you can get one its worth it for the $56 he charges
you get everything you need in one shot.with the steel breech from crosman you will have to pay another $14-$20 for an extended probe bolt or flow through not to mention you will still have the wimpy 4-48 breech screw and only one barrel set screw and multiple shipments
i dont know if Anthony has any of the breeches left but i can give you his contact info
oh another thing is the bolt isnt sloppy like the crosman steel breech
closed mouths dont get fed

jSan22

$56? thats a little too much. ill only have 30 bucks and the 4 to cover the shipping. so im kind of stuck.
also, who is that guy?
im posting my red dot up for sale later, but there was something i was planning to do with it.

1377x

Quote from: jSan22 on November 09, 2012, 01:16:09 AM
$56? thats a little too much. ill only have 30 bucks and the 4 to cover the shipping. so im kind of stuck.
also, who is that guy?
im posting my red dot up for sale later, but there was something i was planning to do with it.
a reputable seller of aftermarket crosman parts
i didnt know you could get crosman steel breeches for $4 shipping most people pay $11-$12 for shipping when ordering from crosman.
you know of a different way that saves shipping costs? please share

jSan22

wait, its not the same? i thought crosman had 4 bucks flat shipping? looks like it may apply only to parts.
that is some brutal shipping charges, i live 30 minutes away from PA, ill try that.

1377x

PA does have steel breeches. 30minutes how much gas is that going to burn? wouldnt that be an hours drive round trip.makes for a fun trip though.i wouldnt mind going to PA just to see what the store is all about
pyramyd wants $35 before tax,shipping and any other charges that may apply
still might be better off going directly to crosman.i know a long time ago you could buy the steel breech as a part but cant find the part number any longer.you might be able to still get the as2250 breech as a part it doesnt have the dovetail cut out

jSan22

ive ordered from the store beforw. you can schedule a pick up. they take your cash and give you the goods, no cash register though, and the warehouse is not marked so you need the EXACT address (possibly because the area it in isnt exactly filled with ideal people) but buying some stuff without giving up 8 buck for the shipping is good, not to mention that instead of waiting a week, you could go get it in 30 minutes.