• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

proyect in progress

Started by josey88, November 08, 2012, 05:31:02 AM

josey88

Waiting for some other parts . I already got the scope , 2 sets of rings , one medium and the other high (1/2" and 3/4 inch , respectively to choose the correct one) and the steel Breech , so things are improving some .
The 2400KT will take 2 or 3 more  weeks to arrive . 
Anyway , these past few days I have been focused only on the airguns , ordering parts etc and today I opened the safe , took some of my rifles out and lined  them against the wall for some pics and in general, to play with them (my toys , as my wife refers to them) and I was struck by how big real guns are  compared to  an airgun  ... and after a few days of just manipulating the 1377 ... man , when I grabbed my HK45C , the pistol looked enormous and sooooo powerful beyond words ... these are two different worlds , the one with powder and the one with air ... no question about it . 
Anyway, here is a pic of my 1377 and some of the parts . The other pic is of my four "semi" autos ... I hope it would be allowed , since those are not airguns , lol... enjoy

1377x

nice shooters!
you should have set the 1377 up next to the powder burners for comparison ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

Quote from: 1377x on November 08, 2012, 05:38:55 AM
nice shooters!
you should have set the 1377 up next to the powder burners for comparison ;)
I will ... when I get the 2400KT with the 18" barrel and all upgraded it and everything , along with the 1377 . The two together will make a more fair comparison ... lol

jSan22

looks like you've put cash into those guns.......hunt with them by any chance?

josey88

No . I just use them for range shooting. The AR is also my SHTF gun . That  one is a 5.56 mm full  NATO with a 1 to 7 twist .
1377 wanted to see a comparison of powder burner and airgun ... here is a cal comparison between a .45 ACP pistol  rd and a .177 pellet : I think that if you click the pic it will enlarge ...but not sure of that .

1377x

nice pistol!
HK is one gun that will get me in trouble if i needed it
i was training with one and kept hitting the magazine release dropping the mag.not good in a shtf situation.my shtf gun is a ruger 10/22 i have some reliable 50 round magazines that probably weigh as much as your 5.56 mags empty when they are full ;) ;D thats a slight exaggeration ;D

josey88

Quote from: 1377x on November 08, 2012, 09:27:56 AM
nice pistol!
HK is one gun that will get me in trouble if i needed it
i was training with one and kept hitting the magazine release dropping the mag.not good in a shtf situation.my shtf gun is a ruger 10/22 i have some reliable 50 round magazines that probably weigh as much as your 5.56 mags empty when they are full ;) ;D thats a slight exaggeration ;D

You adapt to it very quickly ... it is very instinctive and very fast . This gun becomes an extension of your arm ... it is incredible  . The germans are brilliant on gun design and you know ,  I actually prefer it to the regular mag release . My other carry gun is my G30SF which I also like very much . I own M9 Berettas (my SHTF pistol , with 18+1rds mags but too big for concealed carry) , a couple of  Sigs , Glocks , etc , but my absolute favorite for carry  is my HK45C.

1377x

i sold my beretta 92fs with 18+2 magazines the 20 rounds in the handle made the gun pretty heavy but i can shoot the 92's very fast and accurately
my compact now is a g30sf  12round magazines 10+2 and i have a 30 round shtf magazine its actually a kriss superv 17 round extention on a g21 13 round magazine.works great have one in the g21 also
heres my old 92sf

that gun is like the crosmans so many things to do to them D-springs,skeleton hammers, extended barrels, trigger jobs,grips the list goes on

josey88

Yes... lol ... I have two Berettas , one M9 with Crimson Trace red dot grips and a 90-Two . Both are 9mms . Love those guns  but they are too big for carry IWB .  Have 6- 18rd mags , 3- 17 rds and a couple of 15 rds , no extensions because they make the gun even bigger and heavier . 18+1 is more than enough . I  installed D-springs on both and a skeletonized hammer on the M9 . The 90-Two I replaced the encapsulated plastic recoil guide with a solid steel guide and spring . And it is true : those guns shoot fantastic , very accurate and fast ... I love them ... well , My M9 is my SHTF so that says it all .  Of all my pistols , the most beautiful is my SIg 229 Elite SS 9mm ... what a beautiful pistol !!! but it is as heavy as a pile of bricks because it is a Stainless Steel chunk of metal . I didn`t realized that when I bought it . It must weight north of 45 ounces ... after a short time of carrying it it gets very uncomfortable with the pants ... lol
I can see that we have the same taste in Glocks ...  my G30SF is also my second carry and a favorite, too

droid

I so wish I could have some proper stuff like that  :-*

I understand the pros and cons of the UK law regarding these but what pieces of engineering.

Likey likey

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

josey88

Quote from: droid on November 09, 2012, 09:23:55 AM
I so wish I could have some proper stuff like that  :-*

I understand the pros and cons of the UK law regarding these but what pieces of engineering.

Likey likey

Gary
Not to worry... We are going your way at an accelerated pace . Pretty soon , not even pellet guns ... maybe BB`s if we are lucky 

ignantmike