• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 steel barrel band

Started by josey88, November 09, 2012, 12:29:51 AM

josey88

I don`t want to install a longer barrel on my 1377... I want to replace the flimsy plastic barrel band/sight  for a steel band with the same barrel length . I will be using a scope so I don`t care for the  front sight .
Anybody have ideas  on where to get it ? thanks

chongman

I only know of a couple of options, none cheap so open you pockets wide  ;D

http://www.network54.com/Forum/278474/message/1350292820/13xx+Barrel+Bands+-+New+Ordering+Information

Michael is a reputable guy, lots of us here on the forum have purchased from him.

http://www.hpasports.com/pages/product-catalog-search?query=Blue+Fork+Design

New stuff, don't know if anyone can give a review.

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epages/BT3197.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3197/Categories/CUSTOM_PARTS_FOR_THE_13XX/BARREL_BANDS

From the UK, nice parts, ships quick but the exchange rate is a killer!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

josey88

Very nice ... but too expensive . Not worth it ... for that kind of dow I will buy another 1377 .   I will stick with the plastic band

chongman

1377x

you can search ebay for a phase 1 760 barrel band its metal
thats what i use
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Brian

chongman

josey88

Man... those red anodized sighted bands from Michael Chavka are absolutely beautiful ... it would go great with my red anodized trigger shoe ... but the amount of money ($53.00) is out of the question .  I understand the kind of work and detail put on it , but it is simply too expensive . I wonder if he sells them easily ... I have not seen anything even remotely close to those , but still ... is just that  the idea of buying a small part that cost as much as the entire gun is difficult to dig in my old fashion brain

Tater

Quote from: josey88 on November 10, 2012, 01:55:09 AM
Man... those red anodized sighted bands from Michael Chavka are absolutely beautiful ... it would go great with my red anodized trigger shoe ... but the amount of money ($53.00) is out of the question .  I understand the kind of work and detail put on it , but it is simply too expensive . I wonder if he sells them easily ... I have not seen anything even remotely close to those , but still ... is just that  the idea of buying a small part that cost as much as the entire gun is difficult to dig in my old fashion brain

Same here.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

sometimes it comes out like that with the tripod
i learned to use the self timer for steady pics ;) ;D

Noah

Quote from: josey88 on November 10, 2012, 01:55:09 AM

IMO, they are worth every cent. Great stuff, they all fit right in and improves the pumping factor like you wouldn't believe (if that makes sense). I just wish they made a cool 2240 band as well  :o
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Tater

Quote from: Noah on November 10, 2012, 09:39:00 AM
IMO, they are worth every cent. Great stuff, they all fit right in and improves the pumping factor like you wouldn't believe (if that makes sense). I just wish they made a cool 2240 band as well  :o

I that due to the extra stability? Smoother to pump?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

lextek

I can see where my $58 1377 will be a tinkers dream.  So many beautiful parts available for it.

BigErn

Quote from: 1377x on November 10, 2012, 09:28:57 AM
sometimes it comes out like that with the tripod
i learned to use the self timer for steady pics ;) ;D

Lol! You need to use the macro setting for close up shots like that Ed.

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on November 10, 2012, 02:28:33 PM
Lol! You need to use the macro setting for close up shots like that Ed.
that is macro setting
its the shaking that makes it out of focus
when filming through the scope i forgot about the macro setting but when i usw it today i'll be sure to turn on macro