• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

folded wire stock , anyone ?

Started by josey88, November 14, 2012, 03:39:52 AM

1377x

i only shoot 15-25 yards for fun
anything over 25ft here is not justifiable.i practice double taps
my instict shooting is my main focus
it works out great when shooting pellet guns nailing a nutter with a 2240 is no issue with no sights at 15 yards
it would be nice to have a wire stock that folds but the detachable seems good.i dont know how the detachable stock grumpy had  worked but i have some ideas on how to make one
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

I got to the conclusion that a shoulder stock would definitely help on sighting the pistol . Since I want to get something different from the plastic shoulder stock , I am going to get a wire stock . I think that $55 for a shipped stock from Workingman is the thing to get , given the  fact that I like that type of stock .  Perhaps I can drill the adapter base , tap it and put some 3 headless hex screws on it (don`t know the proper name of those little screws) so  that I can detach the damn thing or maybe workingman would do it ... I`ll find out .

1377x

thats a good idea!
Sean will work with you he might even make you a folding stock ??? or a detachable stock
closed mouths dont get fed ;)

BDS

"I am sure that whomever make it first is going to make a lot of money ."

doubt that... you would need a 20k or 30k unit market to make even $10k on such an item (def not a lot of money)

besides, who would make it? the usual list of suspects who can't finish the projects they already have?
Brian

josey88

Quote from: BDS on November 15, 2012, 11:37:06 PM
"I am sure that whomever make it first is going to make a lot of money ."

doubt that... you would need a 20k or 30k unit market to make even $10k on such an item (def not a lot of money)

besides, who would make it? the usual list of suspects who can't finish the projects they already have?
You have a point there ... this is a limited market and considerable capital would have to be put down on tools , materials etc and the times are not propense for new ventures

1377x

thats true and a reason we see custom parts makers come and go
there are some very good machinists like ac of accustoms but none of these guys are making a living off the parts they make thats why when a paying job comes along they abandon the air gun parts.
we have cheap guns and want cheap parts.well machining isnt cheap