• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Need Buna 70 #113 o-rings for prod

Started by turbonoma, December 18, 2012, 09:46:23 PM

turbonoma

Anybody have spare Buna 70 #118 o-rings? Need 4 to repair my prod gauge block. Can't find local.

1377x

Quote from: turbonoma on December 18, 2012, 09:46:23 PM
Anybody have spare Buna 70 #118 o-rings? Need 4 to repair my prod gauge block. Can't find local.
are you sure you need -118
mine takes -113
closed mouths dont get fed

turbonoma

You're right, typo error meant #113. Thanks for pointing it out.

tinker

I have some but being in Hawaii won't help.  I found that the first o-ring is the one that usually cuts on the hole as you push it into place.  I've been carefully pushing and watching the o-ring as it slips past the lip of the opening.  If the o-ring starts to bulge ever so slightly I stop and use a small flat dull bladed screw driver to compress the o-ring under the lip.  When it compress the o-ring usually gets back in place undamaged.  Not a whole lot of pressure is need to get the o-ring back in place.  I have used my thumb finger nail a couple of times when I could find the screw driver on the work bench.  No my nails aren't long.
Hope this isn't too confusing.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

breakfastchef

How about Viton 90 #113's?

Quote from: turbonoma on December 18, 2012, 09:46:23 PM
Larry

WyoMan

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 19, 2012, 05:22:03 AM
How about Viton 90 #113's?

I tried Viton 90's 111s once on piston. Ruined 3 just getting them on then I find out Urethane will stretch twice as far
before it tears - costs more though
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BDS

OK all Cros/Benji-maniacs, these same O-ring questions show up every week or three and the answers are always as varied as those posting ??? :D

Here is a great link for O-ring data, applications, materials & quantitative measurements (much better than fiscal measurements like... "those o-rings at Walmart are killer dude")

http://www.marcorubber.com/material_chart.htm
Brian

WyoMan

Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

markasaurus

I think it's hard to buy high pressure seals on the net, the sizing is hard enough when you have the seal right there in your hand let alone sight unseen!  Doing it online might not be wise, that's just my hunch not my experience.  I suggest buying at least one of each seal you think you need from crosman - they are cheap, but not as cheap as you can get elsewhere - THEN take it to a brick and mortar store to compare.  Harbor freight, better then nothing, they sell whole kits for next to nothing, but if you live near a grainger store, these might be the best seals you are going to find. 

I really want to buy a bunch of the little green o rings for the pump rod on my hill pump, since it wears the most and it costs the most.  But unless i get the exactly correct material and size I think i'd be wasting my time and money!  There is a Grainger store a few miles away, i've been thinking of going over there, and they do have or can get any kind of o ring known to man.  but half the time at those places you get some over-worked, couldn't-give-a-darn about your problems, untrained salesclerk that will sell you anything close just to get rid of you.  I've tried at paintball stores and Ace hardware (maybe a good place for those valve o rings - they have the widest selection of all the hardware stores) but so far nothing even close for the little green seal! 

BDS

It's hard to read down a couple of posts  :D  ;D
Brian

tinker

I buy my viton o-rings from http://www.theoringstore.com/.  They have o-rings in most materials and you can order just one instead of a a bag full.  Can't recall if there is a minimum but I try to order extra so that hasn't been a problem,  $5 USPS shipping or $8 Priority mail.  I have been receiving the orders within a week.
Forgot to mention that they do have good info on each type of o-ring material and specifications and what applications to use a particular o-ring type.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

turbonoma

I have been befriended locally and will get the o-rings shortly. Thanks to all who responded. Happy holidays to one and all. :-*