• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Totally impressed with my 2240 way better then i thought trigger is great

Started by howie1968, December 28, 2012, 10:20:07 PM

howie1968

I have to say, I am totally impressed with my stock 2240 i just picked up got it home cleaned the barel cocked it and fired and i thought this trigger aint bad at all!!! no creep no grit nothing so i took the grip off took the little spring out. I compressed it as they do on you tube videos stuck it back in, cocked it did the bump test then i squeezed the trigger. i dont have a scale but i couldnt ask for a better trigger. so i put a 12 gram powerlet in it tightened up took 2 shots to pierce the powerlet guess i didnt tighten it enough.
  I put a fresh shoot n c on my gamo stock target went to 10 yards used the u notch and the front sight put it an inch low of the shoot n see bullesy and squeezed the trigger  it went dead center 1 inch low of center. so i shot 20 more times kept all in the 3 inch  bull off hand and if i measured it  id bet it all went into 1.5 inches. so then i went to my targets i got strung up with fishing line that comprises of a steel can a Crosman pellet lid and a plastic water bottle. every shot connected and i nocked 2 completely off the lines my crosman 357 have no where near the power this does.   
          before i went and got it i was already looking at upgrades like sping guides new trigger spring  new sear etc. i think now this one will stay stock except possibly a new steel breech and maybe some nice grips i am totally pleased will post pictures from the bench tomorrow
I am a hunting guide In texas and Colorado
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

BDS

Yay  :-*

Let the fun begin. Your .357 is about 400 fps in .177 but, so is your 2240 only in .22! That's gonna make a nice whack when it hits those targets or whats left or e'm!  :D
Brian

Tater

Nothing like getting a good shooter right out of the box.

Edit: So I've heard.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Quote from: Tater on December 28, 2012, 10:31:07 PM
Nothing like getting a good shooter right out of the box.

Edit: So I've heard.

There-there my son, who knew that one, lousy 1377 would cause so much pain!?  :D ;D
Brian

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

howie1968

ive just spent the last hour or so shooting ran out of daylight, i painted the front sight with white nail polish for now only negative i seen was the front sight is plastic and it rotates ill fix that with some locktite autmotive super glue for now. i dont see a need to do any trigger work its fine. im looking at red dots i bought a BSA hunter 1X30 the other day from academy went back to get another they were sold out so im online now looking for another i have no idea what brands are good because i bowhunt, i seen some ns stars on walmart.com that have 3.8 dovetail integrated they were 1X30 5 moa dot but 1 moa adjustments id rather find at least 1/2 minute of angle adjustments if possible. i dont think i need anything to expensive just something to help my eyes
    I understand now why people mod these things
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

farrlarr

Howie, I think you would be happier with a reflex (holographic) sight than a regular red dot.  I have red dots on most of my pistols but I have a Browning Buckmark reflex on my custom 2240.  I really like the more compact sight and the fact that it feels more "open" to me without the rim and knobs around the sight.  The Browning was only $50; you can certainly spend much more than that (look at the Trijicons or EOtechs!!) but I have been really happy with my reflex.  There are many other reflex sights that look the same as mine, sold under a variety of brand names, and all seem to have the same multiple reticle choices and brightness levels so I would think that pretty much any of them would be acceptable.

I'm glad to hear that your trigger feels good to you.  They usually require at least a little polishing of sear and hammer to get things feeling smooth but that doesn't seem to be a problem with yours.  I will suggest that you put an additional washer on the trigger pin to eliminate wobble, which isn't drastic to start with but feels better if it is removed as much as possible.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

howie1968

the only thing i did to my trigger was compress the  spring, ill look at that sight and a friend mentioned the holographic sight, do they have click adjustable clicks?
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

breakfastchef

Howie has a new nickname - 'Easy To Please'. If the 2240 works great for you as it is, leave it alone and enjoy shooting it. As you found, just compressing the spring makes a huge difference in the way the trigger feels. If I were to help you spend $14, I would recommend the 22xx trigger spring and spring guide kit from TKO Airguns. Mike includes two properly-sized sear and trigger pins that eliminate the wobble and side-to-side play of these two bits.
Larry

howie1968

thank you Mr Larry, Yes i am easy to please at this point. Im like a kid in the candy jar. im sure once i get more experience ill think the same way as most do. i will put that order i and thank you for the advice
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

farrlarr

Quote from: howie1968 on December 29, 2012, 03:49:02 AM
the only thing i did to my trigger was compress the  spring, ill look at that sight and a friend mentioned the holographic sight, do they have click adjustable clicks?

Most are click adjustable.

Here is an Amazon listing for the Browning I bought.  It is now $60.  Good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Browning-1290230-Buckmark-Holographic-Sight/dp/B0038OW1W0
Larry in Idaho

Tater

Quote from: BDS on December 28, 2012, 10:40:31 PM
There-there my son, who knew that one, lousy 1377 would cause so much pain!?  :D ;D

Hehe, it was a "learning experience".    ;D

Good thing I had a lot of help for the good people here.  :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

droid

After so much modding it is easy to forget that the standard 2240 ain't that bad out of the box.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BDS

Quote from: farrlarr on December 29, 2012, 05:25:23 AM

Most are click adjustable.

Here is an Amazon listing for the Browning I bought.  It is now $60.  Good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Browning-1290230-Buckmark-Holographic-Sight/dp/B0038OW1W0

Those reviews were pretty mixed IMO, with a couple slams too! But, I tend to throw out the slam type reviews when I'mm shopping, IMO they are usually guys who don't know a hex key from a pocket knife anyway.
Brian

farrlarr

Yeah, I should have said generally good reviews instead of implying that they were positive across the board.

Like you, I usually discount the reviews that say, "It broke the first time I touched it," particularly when the reviewers can't be bothered to then provide any information about their attempts to get relief for whatever the problem was and what the response(s) of the seller or manufacturer were.
Larry in Idaho