• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Got Some Goodies In today

Started by blake.l, January 08, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

droid

Quote from: blake.l on January 11, 2013, 12:46:52 AM
The way I see it is if you like what your doing and can afford it and it makes you happy then good.... Of course I don't think I'd go that far with just one gun, I could mod several for 3k.

+1

I never build to make a profit though, just to satisfy myself. As for affording it that is another story  ;)

The addiction is cruel though, the more you read the more you see fantastic parts that are now unobtainable. That drives me mad until I can find them for sale.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

blake.l

Quote from: droid on January 11, 2013, 09:47:31 AM

I never build to make a profit though, just to satisfy myself. As for affording it that is another story  ;)

I know exactly what you mean.... Been many times I've bit off more than my pocket book can cover... ;D ;D

blake.l

Well got yet another piece in today for my imaginary gun ;D ;D Got a nice SS safty....

DaveB50

Blake, I hear you about cheaper hobbies, I did the RC thing for many years. I always threw away the receipts so I didn't know how much I spent.  ;D That might be a good idea in this one too. Lots of goodies for these guns. I ordered a CCS 2400, and I accidentally bought a stock 2240 at WallyWorld that I couldn't cancel.  :D I'm now shooting that while I wait, and I've already started to order goodies for it too!
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

blake.l

Quote from: DaveB50 on January 23, 2013, 02:13:05 AM
Blake, I hear you about cheaper hobbies, I did the RC thing for many years. I always threw away the receipts so I didn't know how much I spent.  ;D That might be a good idea in this one too. Lots of goodies for these guns. I ordered a CCS 2400, and I accidentally bought a stock 2240 at WallyWorld that I couldn't cancel.  :D I'm now shooting that while I wait, and I've already started to order goodies for it too!
Dave

Dave,
I hear you on throwing away the receipts lol... got old going in the hobby shop and coming out with a candy sized bag worth a hundred bucks :( Of course any hobby can turn into a money pit if to let it.  ;D ;D

1377x

is there such thing as a cheap hobby?
i have 3 crosman pcp guns in a box with everything on them not including time if i sold the box i could get a mini-lathe or used bigger lathe and a tabletop milling machine with tooling for both
closed mouths dont get fed

droid

Quote from: 1377x on January 23, 2013, 11:02:31 AM
is there such thing as a cheap hobby?
i have 3 crosman pcp guns in a box with everything on them not including time if i sold the box i could get a mini-lathe or used bigger lathe and a tabletop milling machine with tooling for both

lol  ;D

If I sold mine I would be able to move over there to the States with you boys and be reunited with my money again  ;)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

Quote from: droid on January 23, 2013, 11:27:06 AM
lol  ;D

If I sold mine I would be able to move over there to the States with you boys and be reunited with my money again  ;)
;D ;D :D

quickster47 †

Quote from: droid on January 23, 2013, 11:27:06 AM
lol  ;D

Come on over, at least for a visit and stay a spell.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

Quote from: quickster47 on January 23, 2013, 01:31:48 PM
Come on over, at least for a visit and stay a spell.  :)

Carl

If Customs find a problem with the guns I may be doing that sooner than you think  ;)

Seriously it is something I hope to be doing at some point.
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

Quote from: droid on January 23, 2013, 01:44:06 PM
If Customs find a problem with the guns I may be doing that sooner than you think  ;)

Seriously it is something I hope to be doing at some point.
you are crazy!!!
;D ;D ;D

BDS

GARY:  C'mon over to the free-republic of Idaho, I've got about 300,000 acres of land to play on  :D , 10 miles north of my place :-*
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on January 23, 2013, 05:38:35 PM
GARY:  C'mon over to the free-republic of Idaho, I've got about 300,000 acres of land to play on  :D , 10 miles north of my place :-*
didnt ted kazinski(what ever the spelling was) stay there for about 10 years ;D ;D
just kidding i think that was colorado

BDS

Yup, you can barely see his place in pic 1, second mntn to the right  :D  :-*  ;D
Brian