• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The Cutest Little Dot Sight – BSA RD20CP

Started by breakfastchef, January 10, 2013, 02:05:52 AM

breakfastchef

I stopped into a small guns and ammo shop in a nearby village today. I passed this place for several years and never stopped in. I was happy to see they carried many basic supplies I use, but what caught my eye on this visit was a teeny, tiny BSA red dot sight. Because I am weak of will, I bought one.

This thing is so little in comparison to a full size red dot most of us purchase for our airguns. The BSA has 11 illumination levels, good quality windage and elevation adjustments that click, and weaver mounts all wrapped up in a package slightly larger than the diameter of my thumb.

I had to test it out when I got home so I took the scope off my PC77 carbine, installed a dovetail to weaver adapter and plopped on the mini BSA sight. After a few sight in shots at 10M off the bench, I shot two stings of five pellets at a couple of GAMO targets. The results are quite respectable from a dot sight.

The sight costs @$30. I believe it would work well for most Crosman configurations, particularly on pistols. It might also be a good fit with one of the AR look-a-likes. Because the sight is small, it has a limited range of adjustment. Mounting it low and centered would be important. YMMV!
Larry

chongman

It does look cool and a quick google turns up you got a good deal!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

JEBert

On most of the BSA RD's I have noticed that you can turn both pieces of the mount over and use it on 3/8" rimfire rails without an adapter.  Can you do that with yours?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

You know, Jerry, I knew that about BSA dot sights. I will try that tomorrow. As long as the mount screw is recessed enough into the sight body so it does not contact the slight dome of the Crosman breech, I will pick up some more elevation adjustment. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote from: JEBert on January 10, 2013, 04:30:10 AM
On most of the BSA RD's I have noticed that you can turn both pieces of the mount over and use it on 3/8" rimfire rails without an adapter.  Can you do that with yours?
Cheers,
Larry

JEBert

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

That looks quite similar to the Konus red dot I've been using for for about 14 months.  Great sight.

And the funny thing is, I also mounted mine on one of my 1322 pumpers.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mackelby

Any red dots as good and priced as well that are made in America?

breakfastchef

Quote from: mackelby on January 10, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Any red dots as good and priced as well that are made in America?

Likely not. Cost (corporate profit) and domestic buying behavior (cheap) leads to offshore manufacturing.
Larry

mackelby

I spent 15 minutes in a General Dollar store looking for toothpaste made in America. After searching it was on the VERY bottom shelf. Only 1 brand. It was also the cheapest. Pepsodent. Found that ultra brite is also American made and is cheaper.

mackelby

Don't think for a second that the chinese corporate machine and gov't aren't making just as much or more off their products.  How else could they afford to keep America's head above water?

Bill L.

Quote from: mackelby on January 10, 2013, 04:42:53 PM
I spent 15 minutes in a General Dollar store looking for toothpaste made in America. After searching it was on the VERY bottom shelf. Only 1 brand. It was also the cheapest. Pepsodent. Found that ultra brite is also American made and is cheaper.

Was the Pepsodent .177 or .22?
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

matty

Thanks for the review on that one.  I saw it on Amazon a while back but the reviews weren't that great.  What I liked about it was the size and how the air gun would look more balanced with a smaller red dot on top.

I have the BSA bigger brother and really like it.

1377x

nice!
i thought all the bsa red dots were small now
stopped by my local fleetfarm they had the little bsa and no bigger ones not even the 42mm i usually see
anyhow
how is the parallax error? same as usual? nearly non existent?
closed mouths dont get fed