• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 Safety Question

Started by Pikie, January 16, 2013, 09:57:12 PM

Pikie

This is my first post since my intro., so please "be gentle"! Is it possible to switch the safety on a new 1377 to left handed? The pin bothers my fat plam/first joint while shooting. Any ideas? Thanks!
Vince

mudduck48

The first thing to do is watch this video of Crosshairs taking apart the 1377. Fast forward to about 9.00 where he is taking the grip frame off. Remove your grip panels then remove the grip frame and DO NOT LOOSE THE BALL AND SPRING. Pull out the safety and turn it around, put it back in. Put some grease in where the ball and spring go to keep it in place. Reassemble the grip frame on the gun and that is about it. The safety does not know if it is in right or left it will work both ways. You will see what I mean when you get it apart. Good luck.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLSnFP1hSEU#ws]Crosman 1377 disassembly[/url]
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Pikie

Vince

breakfastchef

Quote from: Pikie on January 16, 2013, 09:57:12 PM
This is my first post since my intro., so please "be gentle"! Is it possible to switch the safety on a new 1377 to left handed? The pin bothers my fat plam/first joint while shooting. Any ideas? Thanks!

There was an thread about left-hand safeties a few months back. In that thread, forum member JMJinNC produced an excellent engineering drawing of the dimensions of making a left-hand safety. That was welcome news to me as a left-handed shooter. I made a few using  brass screws, drill press, Dremel, files and some very fine sandpaper. So the answer is yes, you can make one.

There are a few machinists on the forum who might turn one for you. Ask chongman, he is on a roll!!!
Larry

chinaboy

I know I will be interested in a lefty safety for a future project.