• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Let's talk after-market breeches

Started by Steve-in-Kville, January 17, 2013, 11:23:10 PM

Steve-in-Kville

I have the 2260 rifle as well my new 2240. Both need solid scope mounts and from previous threads I am leaning toward a metal breech instead of the 459MT mounts.

So what are my options? I can have a Crosman for about $40. Should I be looking at something else?

I welcome your responses.
Crosman 2260, 2240 & 1377
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

Steve-in-Kville

And I just thought of it... those stubby little bolt handles need replaced. A Crosman extended bolt & handle is another $20 or so.
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

1377x

i like the stubby bolt handles have a better advantage over long bolt handles
there are a lot of aftermarket breeches to many to name here are a to start with others can add the missed
anthonyr
crooked barn
bluefork
bmn
gmac
closed mouths dont get fed

Steve-in-Kville

And I could use US sources... I thought I had a source and found out it was Canada only!
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

Fronzdan

Crosman is a good deal and well made.  But it only has one set screw to affix barrel.  Two is better.  This can be fixed if you can drill/tap your own hole.

Don Cothran makes nice ones in stainless for about double the cost.  They are similar design to Crosman.  Workmanship is outstanding.  Don puts two set screws in.

Crooked Barn makes an aluminum Ambi breech. You can put bolt handle on either side.  Also similar to Crosman rounded design.  It's very light. 

BNM breeches come in different varieties with different mount types.  Some take a marauder magazine for multishot. Some are risers allowing you to use a shroud.  Very nice.  Not cheap either.

Crosmods makes riser breeches as well for use of a shroud.  No multishot version yet.  Also not cheap.

AnthonyR.  Sorry I've just heard of these but never seen one.

Bluefork has one out now....see the review here.  And he has a newer longer design coming soon.

There are others, some which are no longer made but which show up in sales occasionally. RJ Machine being one of my faves for its squared look and very tight tolerances.

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on January 17, 2013, 11:28:51 PM
i like the stubby bolt handles have a better advantage over long bolt handles
there are a lot of aftermarket breeches to many to name here are a to start with others can add the missed
anthonyr
crooked barn
bluefork
bmn
gmac

Our very own CHONGMAN!!!
He made me this beaut:

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Fronzdan

Oh and all aftermarket breeches come with a bolt probe and handle.  And if ya don't like the handle....our very own Chongman can make you one!

1377x

nice stubby tater but the op likes long bolt handles ;)
the anthonyr breech comes with a bolt hande of your choice he had 8 most of them long when i ordered from him
ar(fivestar45) breech comes with everything you need to mount the breech and have it function the bolt has the extended probe

AgentWD40_FL

Quote from: 1377x on January 17, 2013, 11:45:24 PM

the bolt has the extended probe

Whats the purpose of the extended probe?  Does it push the ammo further into the barrel so it is past the port?

Sorry ... these little things (and lots of them) you guys talk about, I am clueless.
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

Steve-in-Kville

Great replies so far. I could use some links.
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

1377x

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on January 17, 2013, 11:50:23 PM
Whats the purpose of the extended probe?  Does it push the ammo further into the barrel so it is past the port?

Sorry ... these little things (and lots of them) you guys talk about, I am clueless.
yes it does
then the pellet isnt blocking the port and it does something for accuracy too
most guns pick up 10+fps also

1377x

we have a links page here on the home page

Steve-in-Kville

Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on January 17, 2013, 11:45:24 PM
nice stubby tater but the op likes long bolt handles ;)
the anthonyr breech comes with a bolt hande of your choice he had 8 most of them long when i ordered from him
ar(fivestar45) breech comes with everything you need to mount the breech and have it function the bolt has the extended probe

That's what my wife says.  :(

I missed the part that he was looking for a long bolt handle. Didn't know an Anthony breech came with one either, good to know.  :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

heres an anthonyr breech in rhis thread the bolt has a hold open magnet on it too.it will not close on you when trying to load a pellet

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8976.0.html