• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Newbie confusion

Started by mackelby, January 18, 2013, 05:49:05 PM

mackelby

Have been e-mailing back and forth with AnthonyR about his breeches. For every answer for a question I get I have 3 more questions. Does Anthony have a web site. He mentions something about a disco valve and I see this phrase frequently, what is it?

BDS

No, no website last I looked, just his email.

What are you trying to accomplish and what are all the questions that you note?

PS a "Disco" valve is the main valve from the Benjamin Discovery rifle.
Brian

mackelby

Want a new breech and extended probe. But I want it to bolt up to my gun without me having to modify. I don't have a lathe and wouldn't know how to use one if I had one. My breech screw is a forward breech screw. Does the Dicso valve fit in the 2240? And why would I want it? So much talk about the breech hold down screws, has created confusion in my limited knowledge of a these AG

breakfastchef

If Anthony and you are discussing a Disco valve body, then you are also talking about adding a Pro Top vavle front to your pistol. My recommendation is to take some more baby steps before doing somewhat drastic modifications. Do the breech and extended probe bolt. Use it for a while and decide what direction you wish to explore next (i.e. power enhancement, power adjustability, bling, etc.). Then come back with more questions.

To appreciate and verify the success of power mods requires a chronograph.
Larry

BDS

+1 to Chef's comments, Anthony is a great guy with good products but... a Crosman steel breech and a TKO extended probe will get you the next level of great performance as compared to a stock gun.

IMO... disco valves and high-end breeches and bolts and LW barrels, etc, are all great but... they are used more for wringing out the last 10% or 15% that the gun design will alllow for. After awhile, many of these pistols no longer resemble the OEM gun nor have 85% of the OEM parts left on e'm... about $300 - $500 worth of parts BTW  :D
Brian

mackelby

Thanks for the great suggestion guys. I was all ready to buy the crosman breech until I heard it was a crap shoot as to whether you would get one that had the correct breech screw hole location. If that is true that is no good.

BDS

See if your pistol tube has the 2 hole, both threaded locations. If so, it doesn't matter which breech and location you get, if it's forward, your tube has the threaded hole, if it's rearward, you will have that hole too!  :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

If I remember correctly, the 13XX tubes only have the forward threaded hole while most all of the 22XX tubes come with both holes threaded for that aggravating little 4-48 hex head screw.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Fronzdan

Yeah I forget which gun you're looking to put this on.  Which one and was it bought new?  That would determine the screw hole location you're working with. But in all likelihood you want the forward position.  When you order from Crosman you'll get the forward position breech.

Agree with the others....don't go down the power/bulk fill/HPA route yet.