• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

sear spring

Started by mackelby, January 20, 2013, 11:22:42 AM

DaveB50

I like tinkering and I did a quick mod I read about here, cutting the stock spring and then stretching it. Definitely feels better. I think I will try the .22 shell casing mod and polishing the trigger/sear contact points next.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BDS

Dude...  8)  I feel your pain, where have you been shopping? The only places that I know of in small town america are Ace or True Value stores with those great small parts drawers and goodies. The big-box stores are worthless for this kind of stuff as usual.

The TKO set up is fine but, I have either used lighter springs or smaller/shorter springs from a variety of sources with as good or better results. As for the typical .22 LR casing size I.D., don't let it drive your spring choice, any small and smooth device like a flat top rivet or nylon screw will do the same job as the .22 LR case, all it does is allow the sear to move smoothly for a fraction of an inch, that's it. As for length of spring, shorter is better than too long (tension) and... you can use those very thin 10-32 flat washers (Ace & True Value) to stack up on the lower spring post to fine tune the spring length and tension.
Brian

josey88

I have a TKO trigger kit on my 1377 . It is helping and after lots of polishing and massaging , the trigger has improved . Still, I am not very happy with it but it would have to do .  So , having learned the lesson the hard way , for my two customs 2400KTS I ordered and installed the P-rod frame assembly for each one . That is a trigger I can live with , but it will cost you $37.00 plus $4.00 S/H  and it needs a small mod to the hammer, very easy to do(no biggie) .  To me it is worth it . If you want a trigger second stage totally adjustable to what you like and even capable of competition ... that is it .

Daysailer

Quote from: DaveB50 on January 23, 2013, 02:52:10 AM
I have noticed looking at pictures of spring mods that aftermarket kits use a spring guide (usually delrin) at the bottom of the spring, but the DIY mods use the guide(.22 case) at the top of the spring. Is one better than the other? One aftermarket kit had two guides, one rode inside the other. Can't remember which one it was.
Dave

AC used to make the two piece delrin guide/springs. 
One feature of his guide, that no one else addresses, was that it was sized to also be a trigger stop
The two pieces were just the right length.

He no longer makes and sells parts.   
Wish I had known  would have bought a few extras,  (his prices were also very easy on the wallet)

If anyone has a lathe and the ability, bet they are fairly eady to make.
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.