First impressions. 2289 Backpacker

Started by Blackdog, August 19, 2014, 06:31:39 AM

Old Dog

That really is a slick idea for in the stock storage :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Blackdog

I'm working on a more robust system that will allow for water proof storage.  Something that will withstand the battlefield in any condition.  Jungle, desert, urban warfare, amphibious assault, room to room, you name it.
Crosman 2289 Doomsday Backpacker

agninja

Quote from: Blackdog on August 25, 2014, 05:49:30 AM
I'm working on a more robust system that will allow for water proof storage.  Something that will withstand the battlefield in any condition.  Jungle, desert, urban warfare, amphibious assault, room to room, you name it.
I use a special waterproof pellet so I don't have to worry about that.  :D
Black air pistols matter.

Blackdog

I just installed the (very effective) TKO muzzle brake.  This completes this project....for now! :-*

Tater

That came out great Blackdog. Looking good.  :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Blackdog

Quote from: Tater on August 26, 2014, 06:37:18 AM
That came out great Blackdog. Looking good.  :-*

Thanks!  It's been a fun little project.  I almost ordered the 14.5 barrel but with the muzzle brake I think the 12" is fine.  I'm still looking for a sling and a way to mount a mag light, then I'll be done, really.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

BDS

"Dog"... nice work on your gun, go to Amazon or Ebay or others for this type of mount for your flashlight. None of them should be more than $10 so, watch Ebay as always for their "ripping-off sound"  :D
Brian

sshewins

I saw a mount almost exactly like that at Academy Sports by Charlotte NC. Just down the road from Bass Pro Shop. They wanted around $20.
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

BDS

Quote from: sshewins on August 28, 2014, 02:04:38 AM
I saw a mount almost exactly like that at Academy Sports by Charlotte NC. Just down the road from Bass Pro Shop. They wanted around $20.

Ya, no bargain there, the pic I posted was $8.95 on Amazon.
Brian

BigErn

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: Blackdog on August 26, 2014, 06:46:10 AM
Thanks!  It's been a fun little project.  I almost ordered the 14.5 barrel but with the muzzle brake I think the 12" is fine.  I'm still looking for a sling and a way to mount a mag light, then I'll be done, really.

Nice Blackdog.  My 1322 build will be a twin.  I just need my steel breech (left handed) and I am going to put my TKO from my Disco on it.  I am getting an AC Customs shroud for my Disco (thought I'd give his a try).
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Tater

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on August 29, 2014, 03:35:32 AM
Nice Blackdog.  My 1322 build will be a twin.  I just need my steel breech (left handed) and I am going to put my TKO from my Disco on it.  I am getting an AC Customs shroud for my Disco (thought I'd give his a try).

Please do post your thoughts after trying both on same gun.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

crossliner

Quote from: Blackdog on August 26, 2014, 06:46:10 AM

I do not have a TKO..Mine are Weirauch, UK Neil and MWSS all delrin "muzzlebrakes" from the UK