• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My 2300S finally arrived today after 6 months +. Pics inside

Started by Drdan, July 05, 2024, 08:14:49 PM

Drdan

Teun Meet of Metura Shooting Sports told me yesterday that the gun was sent out in the morning.  Amazingly it showed up at my office today. The finish is hot blued, and is mirror polished.  A silicone oil impregnated cloth makes it look flawless; the pictures do not show that.  The pistol looks exceptionally well finished and assembled.  The wood grips in the pics are grips Teun had in the shop.

I am very pleased, and have a few things to install tomorrow. The trigger is amazing with absolutely no play. Teun shot the pistol with match 4.5 pellets before the upgrades and the chrono read 450 fps.  After the upgrades and mods and removal of the cylinder spacer piece the chrono read 680 fps, an increase of about 51%.

Interestingly I did not yet pay for the pistol and all the work performed.  ??? I have a feeling I'll hear from him tomorrow.  :)

2300S with the following mods or upgrades:

Brass ½" - 20 UNF "slip on" muzzle brake adapter with brass screws and thread protector (e-Bay Germany).  I have a blued steel adaptor from e-Bay DE.

UTG 11mm Dovetail to 20mm Picatinny Weaver Rail Adaptor (e-Bay Germany).

Barrel polished and hot gloss black oxide finished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

CO2 tube deburred, mirror polished and hot gloss black oxide finished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Aluminum trigger plate (e-Bay, Magnum Power) sand blaster by Teun Meen (Metura Schietsport).

Upgraded safety ball bearing and spring (e-Bay, Magnum Power).

3/8" Stainless steel barrel band (Don Cothran Machine Shop). Will be mounted tomorrow

Stainless steel breech end cap (Alchemy Airwerks) mirror polished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Stainless steel safety (Alchemy Airwerks) mirror polished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Stainless steel fluted strike hammer (Alchemy Airwerks) mirror polished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Stainless steel hammer pin (Alchemy Airwerks).

Stainless steel CO2 piercing end cap (Alchemy Airwerks)

Stainless steel CO2 tube end cap (no power adjuster, Alchemy Airwerks) mirror polished (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Brass roller / low friction trigger (Alchemy Airwerks) For some reason it was not perforated and mirror polished as requested.  I may have it done by my office's handyman.

Stainless steel screws throughout (Alchemy Airwerks)

DonnyFL Sumo muzzle brake (Airguns Europe). Will install and test tomorrow

3.0mm thick stainless steel sear (donated by Brutuz) contoured and mirror polished.

All springs upgraded; trigger preload mod Sear mod refused as it was deemed dangerous by Teun Meen as it could accidentally autofire.

Holosun ELITE HE510C-GR multi reticle 2 MOA green dot reflex scope.

Trigger pull adjusted to 400 grams by Teun Meen of Metura Schietsport.

Over travel trigger adjustment screw ground flush to trigger guard, slotted, and set with blue Loctite® (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Barrel leed machined and barrel machined to perfectly fit the breech (Teun Meen, Metura Schietsport).

Steve Corcoran zebrawood target grips.  Will be mounted tomorrow

Two 100mm X 150 mm X 1,5 mm sheets of  Sorbothane® (e-Bay USA) were cut and joined to precisely fit around (one rotation) the inner component of the DonnyL Sumo. Before installation the joined sheet was micro perforated with a Wartenberg pinwheel.  I'll mess with the muzzle brake and test it tomorrow...

Drdan

The store has a large selection of air pistols and rifles, and a fully equipped gunsmith shop.

Uslanja

Wow!  That is looking so nice.  I see your trigger work and with a pull of 400 grams, excellent!  Trigger control is everything.  May I ask why you chose to not install a power adjuster?  And a store with Airguns on display?  It would be so nice to actually go to a store and view product.  Everything for me is bought online.  Looking forward to seeing what more you do with your beautiful pistol! 

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Drdan

Quote from: Uslanja on July 06, 2024, 01:56:40 PMWow!  That is looking so nice.  I see your trigger work and with a pull of 400 grams, excellent!  Trigger control is everything.  May I ask why you chose to not install a power adjuster?  And a store with Airguns on display?  It would be so nice to actually go to a store and view product.  Everything for me is bought online.  Looking forward to seeing what more you do with your beautiful pistol! 

I have a power adjuster, and can use it if I wish.  Aesthetically the fgun looks better without it, and I like to shoot at the highest power.  The Metura shop was recommended, and the owner has a good repuation, so went with that.  There's really nothing else I plan to do with the pistol other than shoot it.

Uslanja

It will be so interesting to see your targets.  What distance will you be shooting?  Have you decided which pellet?

RetatCDude

Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL