• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Question for Drdan

Started by flairgunner77, July 14, 2024, 10:01:19 PM

flairgunner77

Drdan, your 2300s pistol is a pretty slick looking airgun. I am getting ready to mount a red dot on my 2300S and I would like to know if your red dot interferes with the loading of your pistol. At 79 years old I'm afraid my fingers aren't very nimble so I need lots of room to load pellets.  After the 2300s, there are three other long breech Crosman pistols waiting for their red dots so anything you could share on how you reached your choice of reflex versus prismatic would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Dave B

Drdan

Quote from: flairgunner77 on July 14, 2024, 10:01:19 PMDrdan, your 2300s pistol is a pretty slick looking airgun. I am getting ready to mount a red dot on my 2300S and I would like to know if your red dot interferes with the loading of your pistol. At 79 years old I'm afraid my fingers aren't very nimble so I need lots of room to load pellets.  After the 2300s, there are three other long breech Crosman pistols waiting for their red dots so anything you could share on how you reached your choice of reflex versus prismatic would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Dave B

Hi Dave.  With my Holosun green dot it is not difficult but it would be a lot easier without the scope.  I just need to carefully cock it each time with my right hand and with my left place the pellet on the ramp and tilt the pistol downward so I hear the particular thunk when it's correctly inserted.  Then I carefully slide the probe in with the handle and turn it downwards.

In the beginning I jammed a few pellets, and placed a cleaning rod down the barrel to release the pellet.  ;D  My technique is now "muscle memory", and I don't have any more problems.

It's a single shot, so I don't mind the meticulous methodology.  It just takes a hundred pellets or so until you have the technique down pat. The gun shoots exceptionally well, and the Holosun in my experience is exceptional.

I had my heart set on a green dot so I went with the reflex.  I read a bunch of reviews, and they sold me on the choice.

I trust that you'll have a good experience with your scope as well!  :-*

Dan