Best cleaning products and solvents for your gun???

Started by bradpsu, May 16, 2012, 08:06:27 PM

eric

best bet for a .22 LW barrel is straight from LW and have some one machine and prep it .you could make some of money back if you use half of it and sell the other .bet it would go quick .only problem is money and time .lots of both .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

eric

don't know what he has for tools but if he would be a good canidate fer shur. roy from mountain air can do it . tim at mac1 one would be another but his turn around time for some might be the kicker .roy is pretty quick and very business like .

1377x

i think mellonair turns a 24" into two 12"
seems like when he runs out of barrels the 12" or less are still available
i know my local shop can make two barrels from a 24"

eric

only problem with a .22 LW barrel is the OD is larger than a crosman (LW @ 12mm and CR @ 11mm) the lw.177 can be had 11mm so that could be a simple drop in fit/fix .the breech or barrel needs work if going with the .22 LW barrel . if charlie or your local folks can do that then all is good . roy and tim can do it ,not sure about charlie though . BandA might even be able to do it if they can fabricate parts .

bradpsu

I knew it would not be easy to find a LW in a 22 cal but it sounds like it's getting more complicated.  Didn't know the OD was larger.....lot's of fun involved getting it to work....along with lot's of time and ditto on the money.  I'm liking my Crosman barrel more and more...maybe down the road on the LW.  Thanks for the info guys and feel free to explore it further.  I'll take notes for the future!   :-*

1377x

it would need to be turned down perferably in a lathe right?
then the leade and transfer port hole made?
i asked my local if he could make a maurader .25 barrel work in a 13xx or 22xx.he said he could.he also does a lot of airforce work they use lw barrel
im not a competition shooter the crosman barrels do the job for me.
if i want "quality" then i would get a fx gun.for those prices im better off going with a powder burner.shooting a 100yds or more it wont be inside

eric

a lathe would be the preferred tool of choice ,yes.crosman barrel can be shooters and be on par with LW but it might take a few cr. barrels and some work to find one that will be the one that is on par .

D-R0CK