What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

AaronMB

Took a quick trip to Ace Hardware today and got a few button head, Allen screws and replaced the stock rear breech screws on my 1377 and 2289. This was motivated by the lack of a shorter replacement screw in a Crosman steel breech kit. As correctly suggested early today on CAPOF, the stock screw was too long and was giving the hammer spring a bad time...

I like the look and the positive feel of the new screws with the Allen wrench so I'll go through and replace what I can - a cheap, fun project. Stainless for the 1377.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

arkmaker †

Finally got the Outdoorsman look-alike finished yesterday. Also, swapped out the .22 barrel for a .177 LW barrel on my pistol..
I will post a thread on it in the Gallery later when I get a chance and some photos taken.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

AaronMB

The 2289 got a Chavka barrel band. It needed a little modifying to fit (the holes were off a bit) but it's in there and looking/working well.

I also tried a CenterPoint 4-16x40 Mildot scope. Wally's didn't have the rings I would need for it, so it didn't all go together. It was close enough for a mock up, and while I liked the scope well enough, I'll be continuing the search for something a little shorter, lighter, more aesthetically balanced.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

droid

Just remembered this morning that I had bought a set of tap and dies a few weeks ago, so I decided to tap my new doofer with a 4-48 tap and used a breech screw to secure my tru glo sight.

First time I have done that so I am quite proud  :-*

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BigErn

Quote from: droid on June 18, 2013, 03:18:54 PM
Just remembered this morning that I had bought a set of tap and dies a few weeks ago, so I decided to tap my new doofer with a 4-48 tap and used a breech screw to secure my tru glo sight.

First time I have done that so I am quite proud  :-*

Good job on your first tap Gary  :-* :-*  I love tapping stuff...

arkmaker †

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

plinker99

made a rubber stamp to make cheap targets.  used a pop bottle cap, o-ring & a piece of a pentel eraser.
shot this one with my 760 @ 10 yards.  7 pumps @ 600fps with cphp.  i did not chrony the pointed hunting pellets.
plinker99

1377x

Quote from: plinker99 on June 19, 2013, 11:34:24 AM
made a rubber stamp to make cheap targets.  used a pop bottle cap, o-ring & a piece of a pentel eraser.
shot this one with my 760 @ 10 yards.  7 pumps @ 600fps with cphp.  i did not chrony the pointed hunting pellets.

good job!
closed mouths dont get fed

HappyHunter

Cool idea with the stamp, Plinker  :-*

I may have to "borrow" that idea  myself ;) ;D...sure beats the hell out of tracing a dime umpteen dozen times like I'm doing now!

Nice shootin' too, btw! :-* :-*
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

1377x

Quote from: HappyHunter on June 19, 2013, 11:57:43 AM
Cool idea with the stamp, Plinker  :-*

I may have to "borrow" that idea  myself ;) ;D...sure beats the hell out of tracing a dime umpteen dozen times like I'm doing now!

Nice shootin' too, btw! :-* :-*
you know!
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Ingenuity  :-*
Putting your stamp on the world! Mind if I use the same idea?
Rich

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Finished milling the slots on my 2240 Lite tube to 0.5".  No significant weight savings as they were 0.485" but they are more uniform and clean looking now.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Bazmati2020

Added white paint to the rear sight of my IPAS Colt

http://instagram.com/p/avTd1jkQol/

AaronMB

Quote from: plinker99 on June 19, 2013, 11:34:24 AM

Awesome! I did the same thing this weekend (didn't use an eraser for the middle: excellent idea!).

I found that I like bright colored paper, as I can the whole better than through white paper.