1377 wire stock

Started by Baltim0re28, April 11, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

Gippeto

eric

Quote from: Gippeto on April 12, 2013, 12:50:51 AM
I know there's a market for them, but is there any money in them? I'll admit, I don't search around for prices on parts...I fire up the Smithy and make what I need/want. What's the going rate on a wire stock?

Al
got an adjustable one for $65 dollars from sean(wvm) last year
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Baltim0re28

I want one for sure, just worried about it eventually starting to wobble. Hopefully they stay pretty solid. I'd like to have someone make me a stainless steel piece that hooks into the gun so I could crank down on the screws without the worry of stripping the threads.
James.

crossliner

I think Mr. Gippeto's butt plate and tube adapters are stainless..I am basing it on the sheen w/c is different from aluminum but I could be wrong..Yes ss is the way to go..Not so long ago I wanted 1 made for me but when my Crosman 1399 stocks arrived I liked them so much so I did not bother anymore..

This would look cool on a tube stock..Best regards.

ped

heres one i made its a mild steel adapter that is modelled on the as2250 88g bottle mount(which i was using till i made this adapter) some 22mm ally tube with a threaded insert pressed in at either end so it can be attached to the butt plate and adapter
the sling mount at the rear is threaded into the rear insert and i finished it off with a landing net float as a cheek piece
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

arkmaker †

Quote from: crossliner on April 12, 2013, 01:34:14 PM
I think Mr. Gippeto's butt plate and tube adapters are stainless..I am basing it on the sheen w/c is different from aluminum but I could be wrong..Yes ss is the way to go..Not so long ago I wanted 1 made for me but when my Crosman 1399 stocks arrived I liked them so much so I did not bother anymore..

This is an AF Edge butt stock. You may be able to purchase the butpads and use them on a custom stock??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Baltim0re28

I'm seeing some pretty amazing stuff after starting this thread..
James.

Gippeto

My stock is aluminum on both ends...the "wire" part is 1/2" dia mild steel.

Al

breakfastchef

I had a straight wire stock from workinmanva on a 1377. I chose this design because the cheek weld was good for use with a scope.
Larry

crossliner

Quote from: arkmaker on April 12, 2013, 02:11:51 PM

This is an AF Edge butt stock. You may be able to purchase the butpads and use them on a custom stock??

Yes sir from here but I think you have already been here you being an AF owner..Best regards.

http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9980&start=0

Baltim0re28

Now I'm wondering should I go with bent stock or straight stock...??
James.

arkmaker †

Get both! Your going to need another one for your next build   ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Baltim0re28

Quote from: arkmaker on April 12, 2013, 04:28:12 PM
Get both! Your going to need another one for your next build   ;)

You guys really don't help out my addiction!! After I posted my last message I KNEW someone was gonna say buy both because that's what I started thinking after I tried to decide which one I wanted. Would be nice to be able to switch back and forth if I wanted to tho..
James.

quickster47 †

Quote from: crossliner on April 12, 2013, 01:34:14 PM

That butt plate piece is not a standard AF Edge piece but comes from Adam (WalknnKing) a moderator on the TAG forum.  I have a couple of them and think Rich has one on his Edge that I included.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Baltim0re28

That would look REALLY good on my 1377 build..lol.
James.