beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

mudduck48

Quote from: brz-ryder on June 08, 2013, 12:15:56 AM
Well my P17 got here and wow what a nice looker the fiber optic sights was not expected now time to shot it and set the sights  :-* :-*
Jim
Make sure you go back in the thread and watch the vid. Take a 2mm allen wrench and back out the allen that is holding the pin for the piston, remove the piston, wipe off the China lube, check the intake hole for burrs, relube , like the instructions say, with white lithum greese, just a little, and then you are good to go. Enjoy!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

AaronMB

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 07, 2013, 06:54:29 PM
Now, while you are waiting for your new gun to get here, go to the store and get one of these white out pens. This thing is great for putting white dots on the sights. And, if you don't like it later, just take your finger nail and an old tooth brush and it will come right off...

Simply brilliant, 'Duck. Better than nail polish, I reckon.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

DaveB50

My P17 was waiting to greet me on the porch tonight. Need to clean & lube tomorrow so I can shoot it. Mine has the fiber optic sights also.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

brz-ryder †

Cool Dave i have alittle more shooting to do to get mine ready to find  out what kind of pellet it likes i have little over a dz types to find one lol they got from 4 to 16.1 grs hope i can find a good one this gun shoots very good even with the cheapo`s i`m using now

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Brent

Quote from: DaveB50 on June 09, 2013, 05:19:45 AM
My P17 was waiting to greet me on the porch tonight. Need to clean & lube tomorrow so I can shoot it. Mine has the fiber optic sights also.
Very Cool Dave :) :-*
Let us know what you think of it! :)

niclaw

Here's mine with Millet Red dot.  With red dot, scope, or open sights very easy to use. 
niclaw

mudduck48

Nice looking piece. Shoots well? Show some pics of your targets.

niclaw

Distance is about 7 yrds.
niclaw

mudduck48

Look at that! That is some great shooting. What are you using for pellets? One hand or two? Wait untill  you get the barrel broke in. Nice.  8)

brz-ryder †

Well this is what i found for my P17 the lead is done right when i put in a new pellet it goes in far enough that it will not touch the o-ring when i close the gun it`s a very good shooting gun i`ve tried different pellets and the destroyer ex seems to be the only ones it doesn`t like with my old eyes i ordered a red dot from PA i really like this gun and can`t wait until it`s broke in and find the top pellet for it if there is only one i doubt it lol nice to have a good shooter after the NP pistol if you want a cheap paper puncher this is the one to get  :-* :-* :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

BDS

Glad to see so many happy-campers with this P17, it's a great pistol  :-*
Brian

Tater

Do any of you guys have a hard time closing the pistol with a red dot on top? It always seemed to be in the way so we're using open sights.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

DaveB50

I have cleaned my P17, and fired about 50 shots using CPHP's. My best 10 shot group at 5 meters was about 1" for 8 shots with two fliers, one left, one right, that opened it up to 2".  Still getting used to it and I have other pellets to try out. It has sharp edges on the top rail and rear sight that I will attend to, a glove or some other hand protection when closing it is needed. The fiber optic sights are great. All in all I am happy with it so far, and hope to find a pellet that will give even better accuracy.
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
P17
Crosman 1077

niclaw

Yes it is difficult.  I don't push on the optics or the mount.  I try to straddle with thumb and forefinger, not easy at all.
niclaw

DaveB50

Maybe I'm just a wimp, or my P17 is making more compression than others. (Probably not) I couldn't imagine trying to close this thing with a scope or red dot on top, and not using it for leverage. I have less trouble putting the 8th pump in a 1377 or Sheridan blue streak than one in this pistol. I've fired it over a hundred times, and it's not any easier than the first.
I have found that out of the 6 different .177 pellets I have, it likes Crosman Destroyers and Meisterkuglens best, both giving some 1" 5 shot groups at 5 meters.
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
P17
Crosman 1077