What's your preference? CO2, pump...

Started by RC1947, February 07, 2015, 08:12:15 PM

tinker

Quote from: DavidS on February 11, 2015, 01:49:39 PM
If I may ask how does pumping up an HPA or PCP gun help arthritis?    A lot of pumping all at once there.

Sorry for the late reply. 

I don't pump I use a boost pump to fill my PCP's at home and take a filled Guppy tank when I go out to shoot with my partner.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

KevinP

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 19, 2015, 02:09:20 AM
You want a real good CO2 gun? Buy a Mark I, with the lever piercing pin. These guns are so accurate you won't believe it.  :P

For sure ...  awesome gun  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

If I had my way, I would probably shoot nothing but HPA. I miss shooting my Marauder on HPA and still have not tweaked it in for Co2 yet. I can not get a tank filled around here and no way to afford a shoebox. Pump is out with my back and neck twisted up like a pretzel, so it is Co2 as my #1

But, it is also very cold here in the winter, so I turned to a newly purchased 1377 and more and the more I have been shooting the Titan break barrel and getting better with it the more I like it.

OH, bring back the warm temps and I will be tuning the M-rod for Co2 and back to tweaking the 2260 for a consistent shot string!! I am seriously considering a high end springer, but that would mean losing the Mrod to pay for it. That's not happening just yet  ;)

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

GreyCoyote

I shoot my pumpers more, especially when it is cooler.  There is something very satisfying about how simple shooting is using only pumping to power the gun.  But, CO2 is soooo much easier to use without having to pause and pump between every shot.  Needless to say, the CO2 pistols always come out when it is warm and the heat is making me lazy. I also find CO2 is a better platform to use when I am introducing someone to shooting airguns.  PBs seem to have everyone convinced that shooting is just loading, pointing, and pulling the trigger, something you can do with CO2 that you can't with pumpers.  For me, though, it is less about what I am using to shoot than it is just being able to shoot airguns.  Which I will be doing later if the wind ever calms down.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

dynosore

Currently I am enjoying the pumpers more, mainly because they are a bit quieter and I am only shooting when my son is asleep.... I do like the hard snap of the CO2 powered ones though

ejackyou

I find being a relatively new experience, I surprisingly like the Springers best, but the pump is a bit more refined,
then comes the Co2 with the highest 'fun factor' especially with guests!
So I guess I like them all equally, for different reasons and perhaps different moods?
Only Pistols! Springers, Pneumatics, C02, Vintage

Monkeydad1969

Now throw in a pcp pistol or 2, now we are having a party.  I enjoy my pumper and co2 pistols and my pcp carbine.  They all serve a purpose for me.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

targettgii

I have been choosing the co2 lately mostly for convenience put in a cart and start shooting.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

I really like my CO2 guns, but, I do not leave a charged cart in my guns. So, when I charge one up, I have to shoot until it is done. This could take 50 to 100+ shots. With my pumpers I can shoot 5 to 20 shots, then put is away. I like both, but the pumper has an advantage. :P :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Noah

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 18, 2015, 04:08:46 AM
I really like my CO2 guns, but, I do not leave a charged cart in my guns. So, when I charge one up, I have to shoot until it is done. This could take 50 to 100+ shots. With my pumpers I can shoot 5 to 20 shots, then put is away. I like both, but the pumper has an advantage. :P :P

I've had the same pleasant challenge. Also, it seems that I know that at ten pumps my 1377/1322/1325 will be able to do this-or-that, but with CO2, I can't get the same consistent result as it depends on the volume of oomph left in the powerlet/cartridge. Please keep in mind I am not a very good shot, so, it may be luck or bad luck depending on the situation, I guess.  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

DRAGON64

Pump classics for me... not to say that if I ever picked up and shot a Co2 gun that I would not fall in love with it... but in all the years of pumper ownership, propellant has always been priced right... free!.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

beerhippy

After spending the weekend plinking with my 1377 I would have to say that I would rather plink with Co2.  Really got tired of pumping.  Will save the pumper for varminting henceforth.
Man, that was close!