What's next?

Started by oldgearhead, March 07, 2016, 04:30:16 AM

oldgearhead

I'm conflicted, I can't decide what one to buy next. I'm currently finishing up converting my PC77 (1377) to a carbine and I have a $100.00 limit for the next purchase. So what do you suggest:
1) Buy more 'goodies' for the PC77 carbine. Like scope, muzzle brake, or whatever...

2) Crosman 2240 - More compatible parts for my PC77. Low part count (less than 40) very accurate and reliable. [$60]

3) Crosman 357/Vigilante = Fun repeater, fairly accurate, with very good pellet speed for a 'look alike'. However, it has over 60 parts.[$50]

4) Umarex PX4 Storm = Lots of fun repeater with self-cocking blow-back action. But large spread and slow pellet speed. [$90]

I'm leaning toward the Vigilante, plus a cheap scope for the carbine. What do you think?

J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Quote from: oldgearhead on March 07, 2016, 04:30:16 AM
I'm conflicted, I can't decide what one to buy next. I'm currently finishing up converting my PC77 (1377) to a carbine and I have a $100.00 limit for the next purchase. So what do you suggest:

2) Crosman 2240 - More compatible parts for my PC77. Low part count (less than 40) very accurate and reliable. [$60]

I'm leaning toward the Vigilante, plus a cheap scope for the carbine. What do you think?

It's hard to not pick up another 2240 and just start messing with it and see what you can come up with that is unique.  There is just so much you can do and as of lately, with all the new neat things being done to a 2240, it should really be a simple choice.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

CraigH

I would go with a scope or another 2240 and some parts.  That's if you prefer working and modding.  The others are not without their charms, but I find myself more intrigued by the work, even if I am not expert.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility