What's it worth?

Started by DJammer, July 20, 2011, 09:04:17 PM

DJammer

I've been looking for a 22xx based gun for awhile, didn't really care on the level of mods, just wanted one to tinker with.
Well I've found one locally that has me in a state of confusion. I haven't seen it as of yet, but as decribed is is pretty well modded.
Boss valve, bulk fill adaptor, steel breech, Gmac brass band, muzzle brake and power adjuster, JDSair tank and hose.
If I do a quick calc the guy has about $300 in mods to the base gun. My question is if it was you would you expect to recoupe this cost when you sell the gun or would you be expecting to take a loss.
What would be a good price to start negotiations at for this 2250 based custom. I believe he has done the mods himself, so it doesn't have a tuners name added to the price either.
I know this is a gut check for many of us, but as with cars I have modded in the past I rarely make up the cost of my modifictions when I sell and do it just because I like to work on stuff, then move on to the next project.  ??? Opinions ???? anyone?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

quickster47 †

Well, I would start with fifty cents on the dollar so a good beginning price might be $150.  If you think it is worth less then offer less.  Of course he probably thinks it is worth full value but since it is not a collectible, just a modded 22XX, then make him a reasonable but non insulting offer.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

i expect to loose @ 25% on used items
items that are still new i want my money back
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

he will take loss either in time spent and or money spent --- how much money depends on the asking price and what the buyer wants to pay .one thing about a purchase like that is you will have a decent gun without waiting for some one to build it for you or waiting for the parts to arrive --- it's all there in one package. what is the sellers asking price --- can't say it't too high or too low with out knowing that .remember that he doesn't have to sell to you .if someone some one else offers a higher price than your offer but is lower than the asking price  who do you think he will go with. if you say  " I'll take it " make a slightly lower offer --- most that will happen is he'll say no --- either you will make the purchase or not either way 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

arkmaker †

DJ..........

Your forum mailbox is full.............Check your snail mail in the next few days. Something on the way for you!

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22