What,,,,Exactly,,,,,is a 2 stage trigger?

Started by Red Harris, March 13, 2012, 03:54:56 AM

bradpsu

I'm playing with my AOA 2 stage sear as well.  I see you mentioned a couple of files from Quickster Breakfastchef, would love to check them out before I tweak mine some more tomorrow.  Any help locating them would be greatly appreciated. 

breakfastchef

Here is some useful info on the two-stage adjustable sear...

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2009/03/installing-crosman-17xx22xx-adjustable.html

Take special note at the end of the article of setting a starting point. If you get things all wonky, you can go back to step one quickly using the method described.

This is a decent diagram of the anatomy of the sear...
Larry

bradpsu

BDS

RH  See sketch attached

Basically, a 2 stage trigger is just that, 2 stages of leverage to release the sear or a firing pin on a PB. The 1st stage does the bulk of the work so that the 2nd stage can have a lighter and smoother and shorter. pull

A single stage has just one point of leverage and is normally harder to pull, longer to pull and far less comfortable for the shooter.
Brian

eric

for what's worth the above trigger is sweet --- the rekord, kinda hard to mod to a crosman pistol though
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Noah

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 18, 2012, 05:57:03 AM
Here is some useful info on the two-stage adjustable sear...

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2009/03/installing-crosman-17xx22xx-adjustable.html

Take special note at the end of the article of setting a starting point. If you get things all wonky, you can go back to step one quickly using the method described.

This is a decent diagram of the anatomy of the sear...

That was a great and very informative reply! Thanks, Breakfastchef.

This is the sort of thing we talk about often here: Peeps helping other peeps - so greatly appreciative!

Be cool and have a good week-
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.