What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

BigErn

Quote from: tipper1 on February 10, 2013, 01:25:08 AM
"Done" time to enjoy this,have ideas for my next one,my first one  :)  what a change from when I found it in the shed ( wife wanted to throw it away)  8) thanks for the help all Kevin 

Very, very good job  :-* :-* :-*

chongman

Very fine pistol and I do like your stand  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

You do good work tipper1  :-* I need to look for some oldies.......  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

quickster47 †

My first attempt at my Extreme Lightened Delrin Hammers for use in my Crosman target guns.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

My second attempt at my Extreme Lightened Delrin Hammer (ELDH) for use in my Crosman target shooters.  This one was completed yesterday and is the final design I will be using for the next five I am going to make.  It makes use of the 1701P adjustable striker and my own version of a removable cocking pin.  Which, by the way, works exquisite as does the hammer.  You cannot believe how smooth my test gun shoots with this hammer installed.  The 2300S hammer weighs in at 57.9 grams.  My new ELDH weighs in at 16 grams.  That is a 72.3% weight reduction.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

WyoMan

Keep the info coming on the ELDH....I'll bet its smooth, faster hammer, less lock time, and same energy
You may be on to something  :-* ...Thanks  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

breakfastchef

Carl:

Are you lubing the hammers?

Why did you decide to not mill the flats on the hammer sides in the final version?

Are you using a stock hammer spring and stock valve spring? Or are you only using the striker to make adjustments?
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 10, 2013, 05:02:40 AM
Carl:

Are you lubing the hammers?

Why did you decide to not mill the flats on the hammer sides in the final version?

Are you using a stock hammer spring and stock valve spring? Or are you only using the striker to make adjustments?

Right now I have found no need to lube the hammers.  The Delrin is plenty slick and appears to not need any extranal lube.  Could change in time and only time will tell.  So far I've only shot about 300 pellets with this set up.

I didn't think I needed an escape route for any air pressure build up when the hammer closes.  Not sure how to test this.  I have each one of the first two in two different guns and right now I can tell no difference in the way they shoot.

Both of my test guns use built up 2250B tubes and the 2300s rear velocity adjuster, because I had them laying around. Both guns use the 2300s valve with brass sleeve volume reducer and new transfer port sleeves I made that give me a 65% decrease in transfer port sleeve size.  The orifice is 0.082" versus 0.140" for the OEM piece.  Remeber these are CO2 powered target shooters.  Both valves also use the 2240 trigger spring as the valve spring and the hammer spring that comes with the 2300s RVA.  This spring is not the same as the 23XX or 13Xx guns.

I can make use of the striker adjustment but have not done that just yet.  There are so many things to test with these new hammers that it will take me a month to get it all done.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossliner

Mr. Quick PM sent. Best regards.

arkmaker †

Awesome Carl!! Some very nice machine work and screwing in the hammer pin makes perfect sense for the soft delrin  :-*

What kind of FPS are you seeing with that set up??

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Just finished polishing up a Brass Muzzle Brake for Noah. Coated with ICE car wax to see if it helps to retain the bling.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

chongman

That sir, is serious bling and so finely machined!!!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

HappyHunter

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

AgentWD40_FL

Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357